The outdoors is a wonderful place for your baby to learn new things and engage cognitively with various environments. However, without proper precautions, these environments might be harmful to your youngster. Direct sunlight can have an impact on sensitive skin or cause uncomfortable burns. The best sunblock for babies can offer protection that keeps your baby’s skin safe while letting them enjoy outdoor fun.
We’ll provide you with a list of recommendations for the best natural sunblock for babies that is absent any harmful chemicals. You’ll see a range of products that are good for all skin types and those that fit specific needs.
6. Blue Lizard Australian Baby Sunblock
|Blue Lizard Baby Mineral Sunscreen with No Chemical Ingredients SPF 30...||Check Price|
This entry on our list of the best sunblock for babies that you can buy if your child has sensitive skin. It uses the same formula as Blue Lizard’s “sensitive skin” sunblock for adults, so you know that it will be just as gentle on your baby’s skin. You won’t have to deal with any harsh chemicals that may cause reactions here, and the formula is rated for SPF 30 protection.
We like that this is some of the best natural sunblock for babies that you can buy. It has powerful protective properties without using any chemicals that could harm your child. Many parents appreciate that it is easy to apply this sunblock.
- It comes in a BPA-free bottle.
- There are no chemicals or harmful elements in it.
- The bottle changes color if there are lots of UV rays present.
- It may leave an oily cast on the skin.
5. Safe Sunblock by ThinkBaby
You might think it is difficult to find the best sunblock for babies without all of the questionable ingredients that many such products contain. The folks at ThinkBaby understand this concern, so they developed some of the best sunblock for babies that you can get today.
This sunblock offers great protection from the sun, and the Environmental Working Group rates its toxicity level at a “1”. It’s a level that is low enough to be gentle on your baby’s skin. Many parents appreciate that the sunblock offers a degree of resistance against water and claim that it doesn’t leave any grease on the skin after they apply it.
- You can wash this product off without any trouble.
- Many parents claim it is a very effective sunblock choice.
- It is a travel-friendly option at less than 3 ounces per bottle.
- It is unclear whether this sunblock provides UV protection across a broad spectrum.
4. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Nourishing Sunblock
|Burt's Bees Baby Nourishing Mineral Sunscreen, SPF 30 Water Resistant...||Check Price|
Burt’s Bees is already well-known for sunblock and general skin care products for adults. However, they also produce some of the best sunblock for babies on the market. Many parents seem to appreciate that the list of ingredients includes compounds that may help to hydrate a baby’s skin as they engage in outdoor play. This is perhaps some of the best baby sunblock you can get if you want a product that won’t leave a greasy film on your child’s skin.
This sunblock can protect your child’s skin from direct sunlight, hydrate, and nourish it at the same time. It offers protection across a broad spectrum of UV rays and does not contain any potentially harmful elements like parabens or petrolatum.
- Many users find that this sunblock has a pleasant fragrance.
- It uses additional conditioners to moisturize, protect, and strengthen the skin even when your baby isn’t playing outside.
- You can use it to provide broad protection for your child.
- Although it is water-resistant, this feature only lasts for about 40 minutes.
3. Aveeno Baby Natural Protection Sunblock Stick
If you prefer to get your sun protection in stick form, this is one of the best baby sunblock products you can buy right now. Thanks to its natural ingredients, this sunblock stick will protect your child from the hot sun without contributing to any irritation.
Like most mineral-based sunblock formulas, this one will provide a physical barrier between your child’s skin and direct sunlight. This may prevent the sun from entering the skin’s dermal layer and causing sunburns. Many parents appreciate that this sunblock uses only natural ingredients and is gentle enough for a baby’s face.
- Professional dermatologists developed this sunblock formula.
- You can apply it to your child’s face easily.
- Its mineral content provides a physical layer of protection from the sun.
- Some parents find it difficult to rub the product into the skin completely.
Are you preparing your little one for some good times out in the sun? Also check out our collections of the best baby play yards, the best travel system strollers on the market, and the best jogging strollers this year.
2. Babyganics Mineral Sunblock Spray
|Babyganics Mineral Based Sunscreen Spray - SPF 50+ - Fragrance Free -...||Check Price|
We think this might be some of the best baby sunblock you can buy thanks to its dual nature. It gives you the convenience of a spray-on applicator and combines it with the physical coverage of mineral sunblock that acts as a barrier to the sun. Many parents appreciate that the spray is not really a mist, so you won’t have to worry about it getting in your baby’s eyes or lungs.
This sunblock provides your youngster with protection across various UV spectrums and includes ingredients that should not cause any allergic reactions or problems. Even if some of the spray does reach your child’s eyes accidentally, these gentle ingredients won’t irritate them.
- It has water resistance that is perfect for a day at the beach.
- You can apply it without worrying about irritating your baby’s eyes or skin.
- It will protect your child from both UVA and UVB rays.
- This spray sunblock does contain some chemicals as fillers.
1. Nurture My Body All-Natural Baby Sunblock
The best sunblock for babies usually comes in either a chemical or mineral form. Mineral sunblock products like this one provide a layer of protection that is a physical barrier between your baby’s skin and the sun’s rays. Chemical sunblock can be just as effective in some cases, but you need to rub that type into your child’s skin directly. The minerals in this sunblock stay on the surface of the skin to block ultraviolet rays.
Nurture My Body’s sunblock has the lowest toxicity rating possible for sunblock products. It comes in a bottle that will not add chemicals to the sunblock itself and includes only natural ingredients. This particular version has SPF 32 certification. It’s some of the best natural sunblock for babies that is available today.
- It does not contain any additives.
- You don’t need to rub it into your baby’s sensitive skin.
- It provides a physical layer of protection for your child.
- It can be quite thick.
Our list provides some of the best baby sunblock products based on their effectiveness and popularity among parents just like you. Whether you’re looking for the best natural sunblock for babies or something with extra features that can deal with potential allergies, we have something on our list to suit your needs. Please share your thoughts on the best sunblock for babies that you have seen or used in the past. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Editor's note: This post was first uploaded in June 2018 and has received multiple updates, including the most recent one in August 2019.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts