If you are shopping for the best baby play yard before you run down to the store, check out the detailed information provided in our review of baby play yards.
Best Baby Play Yard
1. Milliard Darkening Playard Pack N Play Canopy Tent with Safety Vents
- BETTER SLEEP - This tent creates a cozy and dark sleep environment for your baby or toddler and ensures that he...
- SEPARATE SPACE - Great for when you (or siblings) are sharing a room with your child and need some privacy.
- SAFE - Our tent is ventilated on all four sides for better airflow is LAB TESTED in the USA and proven to be 100%...
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard offers the signature Graco push-button fold. It quickly and easily folds down the play yard by simply touching it.
The wheels make it easy to roll the play yard from room to room. Pulling up on the tag in the center of the floor folds in the feet and wheels.
You can use this feature for packing in the travel bag. With four mesh sides, it provides a good view of your baby and plenty of ventilation. It is available in two gender-neutral prints. Asbury has brown, blue, green, and solid circles. Carnival has black and white sketches of elephants and giraffes, black and white shaded circles, tan speckled circles, and blue, tan, and green solid circles.
This play yard measures 40″ x 28.5″ x 29″ and weighs 23 pounds. It is great for travel because the metal frame is durable and it folds easily and compactly.
It is also lightweight, and it comes with a travel bag. To clean this play yard, use household soap and warm water. Allow it to drip dry and do not use bleach.
The travel bag can be machine-washed in lukewarm water. If you take this play yard to the beach, clean the sand from all surfaces before packing to avoid damaging the top rail lock. According to ratings and reviews from verified customers, this is the best baby play yard available for online purchase this year.
- Compact travel play yard
- Very easy to set up and fold down
- Relatively small footprint
- Has a strong chemical smell
|WHERE TO BUY|
2. 4moms Breeze Plus Portable playard with Removable Bassinet and Changing Station
- Opens or closes in one step
- Quick set up. Playard: For use from birth until 30 lbs
- Includes removable bassinet & changer
The Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard has a push-button fold and folding feet. It also has wheels which make it 20% more compact than other play yards.
The play yard has a travel bag and a removable, full-size bassinet that folds with the play yard.
This play yard offers a toy bar with soft toys to entertain your baby. It is available in seven colors, weighs 23 pounds, and measures 40″ x 28.5″ x 29″.
The travel bag is machine washable. Clean the play yard with household soap and lukewarm water and let it drip dry. The bassinet can be used until your baby is 15 pounds.
The play yard can be used until your child is 35″ tall or can climb out.
Customers point out that this is a full-size bassinet, not one that sits across from side to side; nevertheless, it’s the second best baby play yard you could get this year.
- Easy to set up
- Can double as a temporary or permanent crib
- Smaller than others on this list
- Not machine washable
|WHERE TO BUY|
3. Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard
- Freestanding and portable for use inside or outdoors
- 14 square feet, 48 inches wide and stands tall at 26 inches. Setup playard on a flat, level surface
- Lightweight, folding metal frame comes fully assembled and unfolds in seconds
This baby play yard by Summer Infant is made of a lightweight folding metal frame that doesn’t require assembly and is easy to pop up in less than a minute and mesh sides for visibility. The flow is made of weather-resistant canvas that is both comfortable and long-lasting even when used outdoors.
It’s also one of the most lightweight baby play yards and it also comes with a travel bag with a comfortable strap for easy carrying.
This baby play yard measures 14 square feet and measures 48 inches in width and 26 in height and weighs only 12.2 pounds.
- Very lightweight even for a portable baby play yard
- One of the largest baby play yards available
- Installation requires a bit more effort than others
|WHERE TO BUY|
4. The Graco Pack ‘n Play Sport
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Sport is durable and waterproof. It has mesh sides for good ventilation and two built-in pockets.
It also has the standard Graco easy fold features with a two latch system. However, the Pack ‘n Play Sport has a 50 UV protected canopy with built-in ventilation. It easily folds inside a built-in storage pocket for easy transport.
It comes with a shoulder carrying bag with large pockets. The hexagonal shape provides more room as your child grows.
The zip-open front door will turn it into a toddler play space. It measures 45″ x 50.5″ x 27″ and weighs an ultra-light 12 pounds.
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- One of the few baby play yards that can be completely covered at the top – ideal for areas with mosquitoes
- Has a thicker bottom that makes it more comfortable than others
- Ideal for camping
- Smaller than other models
|WHERE TO BUY|
5. The Lotus Travel Crib and Portable Baby Playard
- WORRY-FREE AIRPORT TRAVEL - Designed to be easy to fly with the compact, light backpack carrying case. Set up is simple...
- CERTIFIED SAFE & NON-TOXIC - The only playard with GreenGuard Gold non-toxic certification (low voc & no lead,...
- QUIET SIDE ZIPPER DOOR - Nurse or cuddle your little one to sleep, then just zip the lockable access door. Easier on...
The Lotus Travel Crib and Portable Baby Playard offers easy set-up. It has ClearView Mesh sides for an unobstructed view of your baby.
Apart from that, it also has good ventilation and a zippered side opening. It folds compactly into a bag with convertible backpack straps.
It received the Greenguard Gold certification for not having any flame retardants, PVC, phthalates, lead, heavy metals, and for having a low-VOC.
This play yard measures 42″ x 24″ x 25″ and weighs 13 pounds. The side door, the backpack capability, and the Greenguard Gold certification put it on our best baby play yard list.
Purchasers appreciate the side zippered opening. It helps put your baby down for a nap.
The convertible backpack straps give parents free hands for their baby and other items. This play yard is recommended by parents because it is chemical-free.
- Lightweight and compact
- The zippered “door” is a great addition
- The bottom needs extra padding
|WHERE TO BUY|
6. Regalo My Play Portable Playard for Indoor & Outdoor
- PERFECT FIT: The nylon bottom provides protection from rough surfaces. The My Play 8-panel measures 62 inches wide and...
- PORTABLE: Designed with a simple fold and go deign. Easy to set up and take down within seconds. Includes a carry case...
- DURABLE AND TOUGH: Made with a sturdy canvas material, which is also heavy-duty and water resistant which keeps grass or...
This portable baby play yard is 62 inches wide and 26 inches tall and is made of water-resistant materials that make it appropriate for indoor and outdoor use.
It’s one of the best baby play yards available online at the moment. One of its main benefits is the removable canvas that is completely machine washable.
Just like other indoor/outdoor play yards on this list, the Regalo My Play is packable and portable. It’s also one of the most lightweight as it only weighs 18 pounds.
- Very roomy – one of the largest baby play yards on this list
- Quick and easy to fold and unfold
- Very sturdy
- Might need extra padding
|WHERE TO BUY|
7. The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard Bassinet Changer
- Has beautifully styled, micro-fleece fabric which is extra soft on your newborn's skin
- The only playard designed to transition with your child as they grow from a newborn to infant to toddler
- The canopy on the Graco Newborn Napper station shields your baby from bright lights
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard Bassinet Changer offers a removable bassinet that has a gentle vibration. You can use the bassinet as a carrier with a handle or a rocking seat.
The bassinet fastens securely to this best baby play yard. It also plays five tunes and five fun sounds. It features soft fabric next to your baby’s skin and comes in two prints: a blue print with blue trim and a black and white print with black trim.
There are built-in cubbies to complement the changer. The shield protects your baby from bright lights. To clean, wash the play yard with household soap and lukewarm water. The rocking seat has machine washable fabric.
You can use the bassinet until your baby is 15 pounds and starts to roll over which is about three months. The changer can be used until your child is 25 pounds.
The play yard can be used until your child is 35″ and is able to climb out. It measures 28.5″ x 50″ x 33.2″, weighs 32.5 pounds.
It requires four nonstandard batteries which last three hours. Parents recommend it because it provides three items in one compact space making it a top entry on our best baby play yard list. Parents also found the vibration and music helpful in getting their babies to sleep.
However, there is an issue with the instructions being complicated.
- Very comfortable and safe
- The light and noise machine keeps the baby busy and entertained
- The changing table it comes with is not meant for day-to-day use
|WHERE TO BUY|
These play yards range from a basic compact travel play yard to one that includes a bassinet and a change. Compare the features on these play yards that we have selected as the best baby play yard in 2018.
Find the one that is right for you and your baby. Your child can use it as a play yard until they are 35″ or can climb out.
Then, you can use it as a play space with the door in the front. Use household soap and lukewarm water to clean it and let it drip dry.
You can machine wash the carrying case. Do not use bleach on the play yard or bag.
If you have used it on the beach remove all sand before packing to avoid damage to the top rail lock.