Finding the time to work out as a parent isn’t easy, and neither is picking the best jogging stroller. Even if you’re a seasoned runner, you probably have no idea where to begin when it comes to the best jogging strollers. Do you need a fixed or swivel front wheel? Footbrake or handbrake? What accessories should you buy? If you’re starting to sweat just thinking about it, relax! Choosing the best jogging stroller for your little one is easier than it first appears. This article will help you narrow down the choices and find the stroller that will make working out as a family fun and simple.
1. BOB Ironman
- Fixed front wheel provides increased stability whether jogging or speed training.
- 16" semi-slick, air-filled tires on lightweight aluminum alloy wheels mean that this stroller is built for speed just...
- Hand-activated front caliper brake for added control when jogging downhill.
The BOB Ironman is the best jogging stroller for parents who want to log some serious miles. The BOB Ironman doesn’t come with as many accessories as some other strollers, but you can buy luxury add-ons like parent consoles and cushioned seat protectors.
This long-distance jogging stroller also has different suspension settings, keeping the ride comfortable as your child grows. The BOB Ironman is a speedy jogging stroller that is worth the price for distance-running moms and dads. One reviewer noted that even though the BOB is heavier than some others, it is so maneuverable that it “practically starts rolling on its own.”
- Ideal for paved roads and off-road jogging
- Durable and high-quality materials
- Sturdy yet lightweight design
- The lower bin doesn’t have a cover
2. Thule Urban Glide
- Swivel front wheel for easy maneuverability, locks into place for jogging
- Ergonomic handlebar with a range of heights for parent's comfort. The pads are water repellant and removable for...
- Turn your Thule Urban Glide into a travel system with the car seat adapter (sold separately, see car seat compatibility...
The second best jogging stroller for 2018 is the Thule Urban Glide. This is a high-quality, swivel-wheel stroller. The Thule Urban Glide is light enough for jogs, but sturdy enough for everyday use. The Thule Urban Glide is available in one and two-child models. The Thule Urban Glide includes all the necessities for keeping the passenger comfy. Examples include a sunshade with view portal and rear wheel suspension.
The stroller also comes with plenty of accessories, including snack trays, a rain canopy, and a mesh cover to keep bugs away. The padded handle is adjustable. Therefore, the stroller works for parents who are taller or shorter than average. However, the Thule Urban Glide does not have a handbrake. This shouldn’t be a problem for parents who live in relatively flat areas. Since not having a handbrake makes the Thule Urban Glide harder to stop, this stroller may be hazardous if you plan on running on any hills.
- Highly maneuverable – one reviewer noted it practically starts rolling on its own after a light push
- Adjustable handlebar
- Sleek design
- Covered storage area
- The braking system is loud and jolts the stroller a bit
- Does not come with accessories
3. Graco Fastaction Jogger
- Jogging stroller to maintain your active lifestyle, with baby
- Lightweight jogging stroller for infant
- One-second, one-hand fold-moms love it
This Graco jogger combines comfort with functionality. Weighing only 30 pounds, it’s one of the most lightweight jogging strollers currently available on the market. It has air-filled rubber tires that ensure a smooth ride on all types of terrain while the extra-large canopy protects the child from sun or rain. One of its strongest features is the deluxe front tray that also comes with a smartphone cradle with clips that secure the phone and two cup holders.
The stroller also comes with a tray for the child’s seat that quickly pivots out of the way when necessary. In addition, the FastAction fold feature of this jogging stroller is another highly appreciated feature as it means the stroller can be folded down or propped up with just one hand, which is extremely convenient for parents. The stroller also comes with a 2-step braking system and can be reclined in 4 positions for extra comfort. In addition, the canopy is expandable and also comes with a window.
- Quick and easy to fold and unfold
- Modern sporty design and high-quality materials
- The best jogging stroller for you if storage space is not an issue
- Does not fit in the trunk of most sedan cars without removing the wheels
4. Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
When it comes to the best jogging strollers, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight stands out as an all-around favorite. At just 26 pounds, the Joovy Zoom is lighter than most joggers but also has one of the highest weight capacities–up to 75 pounds! The front wheel has two modes–locking and swivel–helping the stroller adapt to a variety of situations.
The Joovy Zoom comes with a parent organizer, a big sunshade, and lots of pockets. Accessories like car seat adaptors and rain shields are sold separately. This jogging stroller also boasts a high riding seat, giving your little passenger a great view of the scenery as you run. For its safety and high weight capacity, it is also highly regarded by parents of children with special needs.
- Plenty of storage space
- Can handle bumps, curbs, grass, sand, and other types of difficult terrain easily
- Reclines completely
- Quite heavy, even for a jogging stroller
Recommended read: If you are interested in other lightweight strollers like the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight, we also recommend going through our collection of the best lightweight strollers of the year.
5. Mountain Buggy Terrain
- THREE POSITION SWIVEL LOCK FRONT WHEEL - Provides maximum control and maximum performance on any terrain while walking...
- ONE-HAND CONTROL SQUEEZE BRAKE - for hilly adventures and rough terrain;SHOCK ABSORBING SUSPENSION - a smooth push for...
- NEWBORN READY IN THREE MODES - Newborn perfect reclinable seat, compatible with the Mountain Buggy Carry Cot+ in...
The Mountain Buggy Terrain makes the list of best jogging strollers for its ability to go off-road with ease. The biggest difference between the Mountain Buggy Terrain and other jogging strollers is the “lock tracking” front wheel technology. With the flick of a lever, you can change the front wheel from a “fixed” position to “swivel mode” and back again. For parents who enjoy trail runs, this feature makes it easier to avoid small obstacles like potholes or tree roots without compromising stability.
The Mountain Buggy Terrain also comes with interchangeable wheels: 12″ for city strolls and 16″ for more adventurous runs. Users love the Mountain Buggy Terrain for its maneuverability and the quick-release harness that makes it easy to secure their infants “in one easy step.” The Mountain Buggy Terrain is best for parents who need a tough and nimble stroller that can go off the beaten path.
- The basket zips shut to secure its contents when jogging on rough terrain
- Can be used with three types of seats
- Easy to clean
- Difficult to fold and unfold
Just because you’re a parent doesn’t mean you have to give up running. Finding the best jogging strollers can allow you to stay healthy while enjoying quality time with your little one. The hardest part of finding the right jogging stroller is really knowing what you need. Once you’ve determined where you will run, how often you will run, and how far you will run, it should be easy to find a stroller to fit those specific needs.