Our product guide will help you answer the important question of the best mosquito repellent for babies that so many parents ask each summer. There are many products you could choose, but many of them don’t make the best baby mosquito repellent choices. Some items may include ingredients that are not the safest for very young babies.
Our list of the best mosquito repellent for babies will provide you with a range of options that includes only those products that are safe for your little one. Some of them may include additional features or be perfectly fine to use with kids and adults as well.
6. EcoSMART Insect Repellent Spray[amazon box=”B001B67IHK”]If you feel that the best mosquito repellent for babies is free of harsh chemicals, this may be the product that suits your needs. EcoSMART’s insect spray can protect your baby from mosquitoes and other bugs without the use of DEET or other potentially hazardous compounds. We like that it keeps away a variety of bugs along with mosquitoes and other pests. Many parents appreciate that it doesn’t have the same odors as some other repellents on the market.
- It works on gnats and ticks in addition to mosquitoes.
- The all-natural ingredients are safe for babies, kids, and pets.
- It does not have a harsh odor that may bother you or the baby.
- Some parents report that it does not repel all the bugs on its list.
5. Babyganics Natural Insect Repellent[amazon box=”B004LSFDV8″]Any product that uses natural oil compounds is sure to make some of the best mosquito repellent for babies that you can buy. The developers at Babyganics created a mosquito repellent with babies in mind. The spray is gentle enough for the sensitive skin of newborns and effective enough to keep the bugs out of your baby’s hair.
We appreciate that this product swaps the more traditional DEET compound for essential oils. These oils appear to have just as much effectiveness as the chemical compounds in other repellents. It’s a safe choice for your baby that should not irritate the eyes or throat, and it doesn’t seem to leave any grease behind after application.
- It uses a variety of essential oils as the primary repellents.
- The oils do not leave a greasy film on your baby’s skin.
- It is an inexpensive yet effective option.
- Some parents say that the oils can have a strong smell.
4. Amerta Natural Repellent
This lotion makes the best mosquito repellent for babies that are at least a year old. It does not use any DEET and can even help keep your child’s skin moisturized during outdoor playtime. We like that it may also reduce itching if a baby already has an existing bite or two. A single application of this stuff can last for about eight hours in total.
Lavender, peppermint, and jojoba are just a few of the oils and ingredients that you’ll find in this repellent. Many parents seem to appreciate that it uses a vegan formula that doesn’t leave behind a greasy film and doesn’t use animals for testing purposes. The only thing we found of note is the particularly strong odor. This lotion has a smell that could bother sensitive babies.
- You’ll only need a bit of product to cover a large area.
- It’s safe to use on any babies that are at least a year old.
- The repellent uses all-natural compounds to provide soothing protection from bites.
- In rare cases, some parents found the lotion to be weak.
Looking for more ways to make your baby’s summer as comfortable as possible? Check out our collections of the best baby play yards and the best travel system stroller combos, the most lightweight strollers, and the best jogging strollers on the market in 2018!
3. SallyeAnder No-Bite-Me Cream[amazon box=”B008J5YBOE”]We think this is some of the best mosquito repellent for babies thanks to its bite care. While it functions as an ordinary repellent, it also includes compounds that help to treat any mosquito bites if they do happen while your baby is playing. The essential oils are a key ingredient in this product and help to make it effective, but they do produce a rather strong odor. Many parents are glad that the cream does not seem to leave any greasy textures behind after they apply it.
If you have a particularly active baby, you’ll be glad to know that the cream stays on even when it comes up against sweat. The developers don’t test this cream on animals and do not use any inorganic methods during the processing phase.
- Many parents report that it does not come off with sweat.
- One application may last for over four hours.
- It uses a variety of all-natural ingredients.
- The smell is a bit strong, and the price may be high for some parents.
2. Avon Bug Guard Repellent Lotion[amazon box=”B0001ZWPI4″]If you like value and extra features in your lotion, this is some of the best mosquito repellent for babies that you can buy. It includes additional compounds that turn it into sunscreen while it keeps the bugs away. Many parents appreciate that it is safe to use even on babies that are only six months old. The sunscreen component includes SPF 30 protection, so it’s a great option for sensitive skin.
Unlike some harsher repellents, this one doesn’t use DEET that may be harmful to small babies. A combination of aloe vera and various vitamins helps to keep the skin moisturized during play. Many parents appreciate that the lotion goes on smooth and does not seem to leave a greasy film behind in most cases.
- This is a great choice for newborns as young as six months of age.
- You’ll get the added benefit of sunscreen with this product.
- It is an affordable option compared to many similar products.
- The scent is mild according to most parents, but it does have some odor to it.
1. BugMace All-Natural Repellent[amazon box=”B01F9IHZUU”]This is some of the best mosquito repellents for babies, adults, and young children alike. Most parents remark that it does not leave their baby’s skin feeling wet or greasy after they apply it. This means the repellent goes on smoothly and won’t hinder you when you need to pick the baby up for bedtime.
If you love organic products, you will probably be glad that this repellent uses various essential oils in its formula. Rosemary, thyme, and soybean are just a few of the fragrant oils that this product contains. This repellent doesn’t use DEET, and a single application of it should last for at least seven hours of playtime.
- It doesn’t leave behind a greasy film.
- You can use it to repel mosquitoes from your baby’s favorite pets during play.
- It uses only gentle, organic ingredients.
- Some parents claim that the odor is quite pungent.
Whether you need a repellent that does not exude a strong odor, one that has additional features that enhance its value, or you’re just looking for recommendations on the best baby mosquito repellent on the market, we’re certain you’ll find something on our list to fit your needs.
Many of these products are safe to use on very young babies and are suitable for children and adults as well. Please share your thoughts on the best mosquito repellent for babies with us in the section below.
Editor's note: This post was first uploaded in June 2017 and has received multiple updates, including the most recent one in August 2019
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.