Most of the tough decisions about what to buy for baby are made early on in parenthood. So you relax and suddenly it’s time to graduate from a crib to a big kid bed. Toddler beds are designed for kids who are about 15 months old and are generally cozy until the child reaches about 50 pounds. The best toddler bed should have rails and allow to be placed low on the ground to help kids transition from a crib to a bigger bed.
5 Best Toddler Beds
1. Dream On Me Classic Toddler Bed
The Dream On Me Classic toddler bed is the best toddler bed and aptly named because it is a classic design for its purpose. This bed is positioned low to the ground, granting easy access to the bed for a small child. Safety rails are permanently affixed toward the head end of either side of the bed.
The Dream On Me Classic toddler bed comes in nine different non-toxic colors ranging from bright and vibrant to more classic and subdued. The colors include cherry, natural, pink, white, lime green, fuschia pink, wave blue, black, and espresso. The variety of color choices allows you to find a bed that will fit the personality of your child.
Most verified customers who purchased this bed found it to be cute, sturdy, and easy to assemble. However, a few customers reported missing hardware or pre-drilled holes that were missing.
- Has two guard rails.
- Sturdy design.
- Available in 9 colors.
- Pre-drilled holes may be missing.
- In some cases, the bolts did not fit through the pre-drilled holes.
- The installation instructions can be confusing.
|WHERE TO BUY|
2. South Shore Savannah Toddler Bed
- CLEAN & MODERN STYLING: This spacious dresser and cabinet features clean lines and elegant metal handles for a practical...
- VERSATILE STORAGE: Make use of the 3 large drawers on smooth metal slides and the adjustable shelf behind the cabinet...
- PERFECT FOR YOUR BEDROOM: This versatile design will work perfectly in a bedroom as a traditional dresser.
The South Shore Savannah toddler bed has a convertible design, which makes it the second best toddler bed in the market. It can be set up like a day bed or like a traditional toddler bed. As a day bed, it serves as a bed during the night and a couch during the day. It’s a sturdy place for reading and sleeping. It even offers a bin for keeping favorite night time reads, which is why many parents deemed this the best toddler bed. However, it only made the third spot on our list.
The South Shore Savannah toddler bed has a sturdy, solid build that impresses most customers. This bed is a special nook for your child to snuggle and enjoy his books whether day or night. However, some customers reported the bed arriving damaged. A few customers reported missing hardware.
- Convertible day bed design.
- Has a book pocket.
- Does not include a rail on one side, which configured as a day bed.
- The item could arrive damaged.
- The package may be missing hardware.
|WHERE TO BUY|
3. Dream On Me Emma 3 in 1 Convertible Toddler Bed
- Designed low to the floor, safety guard rails
- Wooden mattress support rails
- Constructed out of New Zealand pine wood
The Dream On Me Emma 3-in-1 convertible toddler bed is a sturdy bed made from New Zealand Pine, not pressboard like most other toddler beds. It is a secure place for your toddler to sleep with no fear of falling out of bed because it offers four guard rails.
The versatility of this bed is what makes it the third best toddler bed. The Dream on Me Emma 3-in-1 convertible toddler bed converts from a bed to two kid-sized couches and a table. This conversion can be accomplished with the purchase of a kit to make sure the new furniture is as safe as the bed. But some customers reported that this bed is difficult to put together.
- Made of New Zealand Pine.
- Converts to other kinds of furniture when the child outgrows the bed.
- Conversion kits sold separately.
- Can be difficult to put together.
|WHERE TO BUY|
4. Orbelle Trading Padded Toddler Bed
- Crafted Of: Solid Wood and Microfiber Polyester
- Recommended Age: 2-5 Years Old
- Uses a standard size crib mattress not included
The Orbelle Trading Padded Toddler bed gives your child’s room a classic look with the decorative tufted head and footboard. Your child will love the crystal-like buttons that are used on the upholstery. You’ll sleep well knowing the bed is constructed with solid wood and that it is a sturdy and safe place for your tyke to sleep. The Orbelle Trading padded toddler bed has two side rails for safety.
The bed frame will fit a crib mattress, but some verified customers have said that the tufted head and footboard make it difficult to place the mattress on the rails.
- Solid wood frame.
- All tools included.
- Tufted features make fitting the mattress difficult.
|WHERE TO BUY|
5. Big Oshi Contemporary Design Toddler and Kids Bed
- SAFETY FIRST! Toddler Bed - Two Side Safety Rails and Low to Ground Design for Safe and Easy Time Getting into or out of...
- Sturdy Wooden Frame, Made of High Quality Pine Wood for Extra Safety and Sturdiness
- Easy to Assemble, DIY Full Bed Frame, Including Headboard
The Big Oshi Contemporary Design toddler bed is another classic design. It offers a convertible design and can work as either a day bed or a bed with safety rails on either side.
This bed makes the list of best toddler beds because it is designed to hold a bigger child than a toddler. Thanks to its sturdy design and solid-pine construction. It’s designed to work for kids up to 60 pounds, which covers most kids up to school age.
Some customers reported that the pre-drilled holes were not well aligned, but most are happy with their purchase.
- Appropriate for a child up to 60 lbs.
- Made of solid pine.
- Comes with all necessary tools.
- No side rail when in day bed configuration.
- Pre-drilled holes may not be well aligned.
|WHERE TO BUY|
Recommended read: If you did not find anything of your liking on this list, we also recommend reading our article on the best toddler bed rails of the year! They will help you convert a regular bed into a safe sleep space for your children.
These 5 best toddler beds offer style that can be unique to you and your child. They all offer a safe place for your little one to be visited by the sandman. If it’s time to for a big-kid bed, this list will get you on your way to a quality bed in your price range.