If you are a breastfeeding mom looking for the best pacifier for breastfed babies, we’ve got you covered! We gathered the best-rated odor-free and taste-free pacifiers that are also easy to sterilize and don’t cause nipple confusion. Here are our reviews of the best pacifiers for breastfed babies, their materials, construction, nipple design, and overall durability and quality.
1. MAM Night Orthodontic Pacifier for Breastfed Newborns
- CALMS & SOOTHES NEWBORN BABIES: Our MAM pacifier nipple is designed by parents and medical experts to feel like mother's...
- EASY CLEANING: MAM pacifiers sterilize in the microwave in the case they come with in 3 minutes, perfect for travel and...
- CARRYING CASE: MAM pacifiers come with a reusable pacifier carrying case that is perfect for keeping your MAM pacifiers...
For babies that are over six months, the MAM Night Orthodontic Pacifier is a larger version of an orthodontic pacifiers for breastfed babies. Supporting gum development as well as the palate and teeth of your little one, the nipple has an ultra-soft silicon texture that is also anti-slip. The MAM Night Orthodontic Pacifier even has a shield that circulates air, thus reducing the risk of saliva rashes. Breastfeeding moms love the design and that it doesn’t hinder their baby’s jaw development as they grow, making it the best pacifier for breastfed babies.
One of the best features about the MAM Night Orthodontic Pacifier is that it glows in the dark. With a nipple that is skin soft and lacks any taste or smell, most babies enjoy using it. Mothers also like this silicone, BPA free pacifier due to the design and symmetrical nipple that will help your baby’s jaw develop. Plus, it’s ultra-soft nipple will fit perfectly and securely into your baby’s mouth with its anti-slip texture.
Some moms haven’t been thrilled that it is not all one piece so dirt can get inside. Other moms found being able to find it in the dark really handy so you don’t have to turn the lights on while your child is getting fussy in the dead of night, and others claim that they absolutely love the glow in the dark feature.
- Available in all age sizes up to 36 months;
- Orthodontic shape;
- Multiple small openings for air circulation against baby’s skin;
- BPA free;
- Ultra soft MAM silicone that won’t slip.
- Silicone may tear if bitten.
- The nipple might be too big for some babies.
|WHERE TO BUY|
2. Philips Avent SCF190/01 Soothie
- The pacifier brand distributed in hospitals nationwide
- Used by medical professionals to calm newborns
- BPA free
If you are looking for the best newborn pacifier, Soothie is one of the more popular pacifiers among breastfeeding moms. This revolutionary round shaped pacifier is the second best pacifier for newborns according to customer ratings and was created to fit a newborn’s mouth without hindering jaw and gum development.
This is a hospital-grade silicone and BPA-free pacifier, free of odors and flavors so a breastfeeding baby will take it without rejection making it one of the best pacifiers for breastfeeding newborn babies. It is also safe for either the dishwashers or the sterilizers and you don’t have to worry about bacteria or trapped moisture as it is one solid piece. The Philips Avent Soothie also adheres to the American Academy of Pediatrics Newborn guidelines and comes with a snap-on cap for hygienic storage.
The first pacifier most babies encounter is the Philips Avent Soothie, as it is the most common pacifier in hospitals all over the world. With its large shield and vibrant color choices, the pacifier is easy to see and find in the dark making it a favorite among both babies and moms.
Parents have found this to be an easy to clean pacifier that doesn’t have parts that come off. Some found that it was a little too big for a newborn but others found that their breastfed babies had an easier time using the Soothie than other pacifiers.
- This is an orthodontic pacifier;
- Is widely distributed by hospitals;
- One piece construction is more hygienic and can’t come apart;
- BPA free and Latex free, easy to sterilize.
- Doesn’t work with pacifier clips.
|WHERE TO BUY|
3. The First Years GumDrop Newborn Pacifier
- Trusted by hospitals
- One-piece, silicone design stays clear of baby's button nose
- Easily works with most pacifier attachers
Designed for babies up to three months, the First Years GumDrop Newborn Pacifier is the third best pacifier for newborns on our list. This silicone pacifier is easy to sterilize which guarantees good hygiene and does not pose any choking hazards. It’s also comfortable, durable, and latex-free pacifier for your baby, The shape that won’t become contaminated if regularly cleaned. The First Year’s Gumdrop Newborn Pacifier is also very affordable.
Hospitals worldwide recommend this pacifier as a safe choice for babies. It is easy to handle and the gumdrop design allows you to attach it to other pacifiers. Many breastfeeding mothers have enjoyed using this pacifier as it does not cause any issues with nipple confusion making it one of the best pacifiers for breastfed babies.
Some parents have found that this pacifier to be just smidge smaller than its competitors but they enjoyed the cut out for their little one’s nose. Other moms found it was a great help to get her daughter to sleep at night and calm her when she is restless, and others found it is easy to clean and they don’t wear out quickly with the thick silicone.
- Similar to the pacifiers you are given at the hospital;
- Has a shape that curves to your baby’s face thus increasing the stability of the pacifier;
- Sucking motion from this pacifier helps little ones push down the reflux.
- They have a sticky quality and attract lint and hair.
|WHERE TO BUY|
4. Nuby Soft Flex Pacifiers for Breastfed Babies
- Natural flexing action imitates the motion of mother's nipple during feeding
- Hygienic air system helps reduce skin irritation
- Teething nubs massage and stimulate gums
With a unique, orthodontic design, the Nuby Soft Flex Pacifiers allow for a baby’s natural flexing action to work as they suck and it imitates the motion of a nipple when it is feeding time. It also features teething nubs that will stimulate and massage your baby’s gums to get rid of any pain or discomfort when they are teething making it one of the best pacifier for breastfed babies.
Nuby Soft Flex is the perfect pacifier for babies that are in the newborn to the six-month range and features a soft pacifier that has a special air system design reducing skin irritation when you baby sucks on it for long periods of time. Breastfeeding moms love its design and its natural motion of the nipple making it one of the best pacifiers for breastfeeding newborn babies.
Some moms found that with the orthodontic pacifier shape her little one didn’t spit it out as easily as other brands. Breastfeeding moms like the nipple shape and bumps that feel good against a baby’s teeth while other moms liked that they had a convenient clip and came with a carrying case. Nevertheless, most agree it’s one of the best pacifiers for breastfed babies.
- Has an orthodontic shape that your baby doesn’t spit out;
- Has a wide silicone part that covers the baby’s entire mouth area;
- The shape of the mouth shield fits the baby’s nose and cheek curve well.
- Can be too large for smaller babies.
Customer rating: Read Customer Reviews
|WHERE TO BUY|
Recommended read: Since you’re here, you might also be interested in our collection of the best breast pumps on the market this year!
5. Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Everyday Pacifier
- Pacifier with traditional shield style featuring understated designs, ideal for newborn babies and everyday use
- Symmetrical orthodontic shape designed to support natural oral development
- Reversible pacifier nipple making it easier for babies to correctly insert the pacifier
From the company known for making bottles for breastfed babies, Tommee Tippee also makes a pacifier that can calm a breastfed baby and help her to adjust to bottle feeding when the time comes. The orthodontic nipple shape imitates the natural nipple shape and doesn’t use odors or taste making it one of the best pacifier for breastfed babies.
This is a dishwasher safe bottle that can be sterilized, plus it is BPA and silicone free. It features a shield two open sides provided better air circulation and keeps your baby’s cheeks dry and free of moisture. This is a larger nipple than many other orthodontic pacifiers that can be good for those babies that don’t have teeth yet.
Tommee Tippee is a smooth pacifier, so it may slip out of your baby’s mouth at times. You can easily drain any water that may become trapped by just squeezing the nipple to drain it.
One breastfeeding mom loved how easily her child took to this pacifier while other parents liked how it flares out at the ends so young babies can hold on to it easily. Other parents were so happy how easily water can get trapped inside it.
- BPA free with an orthodontic shape;
- Features a reversible pacifier nipple;
- The nipple is good for breastfed babies that supplement with bottles.
- Water can get trapped in the ring portion after washes;
- It may slip out of your baby’s mouth.
|WHERE TO BUY|
6. The Gentleman Mustachifier Orthodontic Pacifier for Breastfed Babies
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS: The Mustachifier is completely BPA free. The mustache itself is made of high grade TPE, a trusted...
- WARRANTY GUARANTEED: Binkies go through a lot, and you go through a lot for them. Just because life happens doesn't mean...
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: The Mustacifier is great for toddlers of any age, though ideal for ages 0-48 months. The silicone...
The manufacturer mentions this pacifier is made by dual injection which permanently attaches the nipple to the mouth guard, which makes it one of the best pacifier for breastfed baby. The orthodontic design with a flat bottom and rounded top mimics a mother’s nipple, thus promoting natural suckling movements and healthy jaw and teeth development.
Most customers mention this pacifier is one of the best as many babies who did not tolerate other models loved this model from the start.
- Great orthodontic nipple design that makes babies accept it immediately;
- Funny mouth guard design;
- Made of safe materials using a high-tech manufacturing process;
- In isolated cases, customers reported the nipple can come off.
|WHERE TO BUY|
7. WubbaNub Infant Pacifier
- WubbaNub Brand- The Original Pacifier/Plush Animal combination
- Durable one piece construction is both functional and stylish. Patented design makes it easy for baby to grasp
- Distributed in hospitals, NICU and well-baby units nationwide
Cleaning the WubbaNub infant pacifier is really easy. Simply wash it in the washing machine on the gentle cycle and leave to air dry. You can also sanitize it in a countertop sanitizer like the ones you’d use for sanitizing bottles and nipples.
It’s the one of the best pacifier for breastfed babies if you’re looking for something durable. It will definitely outlast the time your baby needs a pacifier. And it’s not just designed for newborns; your baby can use it throughout their infancy.
- A fun alternative to dummies;
- Can be used as a toy;
- Made to last;
- A bit pricey;
- Some customers consider it to be too small.
|WHERE TO BUY|
Best Pacifier for Breastfed Babies: Conclusion
Finding the best pacifier for breastfed babies can sometimes be a daunting task for a breastfeeding mom. If you can find just the right pacifier, you can help calm a fussy baby without odors and taste or having to worry about long-term orthodontic effects. Make sure to keep the preferred features for breastfeeding moms in mind so you can find just the right pacifier for your little one.
Let us know what you think, share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below on the best pacifiers for breastfed babies in 2018!