Breast milk is truly miraculous. Not only does it provide personalized, complete nutrition for your growing baby, it also works to strengthen the immune system, fortify brain cell development, and prevent disease. We nursing moms know that every single drop of this golden elixir is at a premium, so we don’t want to sacrifice a single drop.
Many moms have work and other commitments that make it difficult to exclusively breast feed; as we navigate the process of pumping and storing breast milk, it becomes very important to find the right kind of storage container that can do so with integrity.
If you haven’t yet found a preferred storage method, we are here to take some of the guesswork out of it for you. Take a look, try a few out, and see what you prefer.
10. Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags
Lansinoh is a trusted brand for premium baby products, and these best breast milk bags are no exception to that quality. The company was started by a breastfeeding mom who was fed up with the process of breastfeeding and storing milk inaccurately, and wanted to improve the process.
These best breast milk storage bags are ideal to pump directly into, taking some of the mess and hassle out of pumping and storing. Made from low-density polyethylene, they will not pass any harmful chemicals to your baby through breastmilk.
- Can pump directly into the bags
- Can stand alone or lie down for ease of storage
- Some users reported leakage
- Some users had difficulty storing in a standing position
9. Kiinde Breast Milk Storage Twist Pouch
|Kiinde Twist Pouch Breast Milk Storage Bags for Pumping, Freezing, and...||Check Price|
Kiinde breast milk bags are designed to pump directly into. While you don’t need the Kiinde pump equipment, you’ll need the accompanying adapter so it will fit your system. A genius, twist off cap design ensures that you won’t be spilling any of this precious liquid, and they even feature optional bottle nipples so breast milk can stay in the bag all the way through feeding.
- Multi use product that can be used for all aspects of pumping, storing, and feeding
- Easy to label; also acceptable for storing solid foods
- They take up a large amount of storage space
- Some report that measurements are inaccurate
8. Nuk Seal N’Go Breast Milk Bags
|NUK Simply Natural Seal n' Go Breast Milk Bags, 25CT||Check Price|
Nuk has a 50 year history of quality and excellence in producing quality baby care products. One of the best breast milk bags on the market, this design offers heavy, puncture-proof plastic and a guaranteed leak free experience.
- Nutrients are protected by an oxygen barrier
- Generously sized to hold 6-8 oz
- Cannot pump directly into the bag
- Hard to label
7. Dr. Brown’s Breast Milk Storage Bags
This doctor created company has been producing Natural Flow bottles for years; the quality breast milk bag is a perfect accompaniment to their already stellar products. Dr. Brown’s bags get rave reviews for performance and storage quality, and they fulfill the promise on the company’s website of “underpromising and overdelivering”.
- Easy to pour and label
- Double zipper seal for extra security
- Cannot pump directly into the bag
- Moderate to high price point
6. Medela Pump And Save Breast Milk Storage Bags
Directly from the makers of the world’s top selling breast pump, these beautiful bags are designed for direct pumping. Pump and save bags are dual layered; this helps to seal in nutrients as well as to protect against leakage when pouring and storing.
- Contains an oxygen barrier to seal in nutrients
- Zipper seal is leakproof
- Smaller in size than other bags
- Tricky to pour from
5. Little Martin’s Breast Milk Storage Bags
These bags are just plain cute; incorporating a whimsical elephant motif that doubles as an effective pour spout, they are functional and attractive all at the same time. Also contains a temperature indicator so you can tell if milk is ideal for consumption.
- Contains a temperature indicator
- Double sealed seams for leakage protection
- No variation in product quantities that can be purchased
- Rather expensive
4. Philips Avent Breast Milk Bags
Philips Avent, known for their high quality products, is committed to providing the best breast milk storage bags to complement their bottles. Very sturdy and unlikely to break, they have gained an impressive following by those who have tried them.
- Double zipper top
- Easy to label
- Can’t pump directly into the bag
- Hard to fill without tipping
3. Tommee Tippee Pump And Go Milk Storage Bags
|Tommee Tippee Pump and Go Milk Storage Bags, 20 Count||Check Price|
These sturdy, best breast milk storage bags are part of a feeding system by a prominent UK based company. Pouches can be connected to most major breast pumps for easy filling. Easy storage and labeling make them a cinch to use.
- Multi-use product
- Generously sized
- Occasionally leak
- Take up a lot of freezer space
2. Ameda Store N Pour Breast Milk Bags
These wonderful storage bags are distinguished by a unique pour spout which allows for easy transfer from bag to bottle. This factor alone makes it one of the best breast milk storage bags in circulation today. Branded by a company that has cornered much of the breast pump technology that we see in use today, they are used to making quality products that serve both mom and baby very well.
- Free standing
- Easy to label and pour
- Occasional leakage
- Not compact for storage
1. Milkies Breast Milk Storage Bags
The unique Milkies brand of storage bag is designed to catch milk that leaks out during nursing. They offer a variety of sizes and package counts to meet your needs, and they have storage recommendations listed on each bag; a nice reference for tired mothers who wonder if stored milk is out of date.
- Guidelines for storage printed on each bag
- Double sealed seams for anti leakage
- Hard to open
- Hard to pour
Parents, your job is hard enough without having to worry about feeding your child efficiently. We know how hard it is to pump and breastfeed your baby; it is a serious commitment, but there are tremendous benefits in being able to accomplish this as well. This list of best breast milk storage bags will hopefully aid you in making this process more simplified. Enjoy that special bonding time!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.