Riding a bike has been a fun pastime that can be shared with the whole family for decades. Every member of the family can enjoy bicycling; even the smallest members of the family. Safe and secure baby bike seats can be added to your bike to make getting exercise and sharing the fun with your family a breeze.
But with so many choices for products out there, how do you choose the safest and most reliable one? We’re here with all the best products; providing you with an in-depth guide to help you choose the best baby bike seat for you and your baby.
1. Schwinn Child Carrier
- Enjoy safe family bonding bicycle rides with this Deluxe Child Seat made with lightweight, polypropylene construction.
- The frame-mounted rear bike seat is easily assembled, making getting ready for the next adventure hassle free.
- The quick-release 3-point harness, leg restraints, and padded cross bar offer added safety, while the adjustable...
Customer reviews indicate that people love the security this baby bike seat provides and how easy it is to ride after installation. The seat has a tall back for added comfort, making it harder to install and fit on bikes for shorter-than-average adults. It comes with very-secure, but very easy-to-use mechanisms that make getting ready and getting off a cinch for customers; though some claim that you may need to add your own elements for comfort.
- It has a tall profile and guards to keep fingers and feet away from bike parts;
- There’s a security bar for added safety;
- The seat is easy to install and easy to use.
- It should not be used on bikes with rear suspensions;
- The seat may not be suitable for babies and toddlers under 20 lbs;
- It may not be comfortable enough for long-distance rides.
2. Hamax Caress Child Bike Seat
- Rear mount seat for children 9 mo - 48.5 lb; All adjustable features designed for single-hand operation to ensure...
- Ultra-shock absorbing Frame Mount style (fits bike frames 28-40 mm) or Rack Mount style (fits cargo/rack carriers...
- Safety-certified, award-winning Scandinavian design; Meets tough European and ASTM safety standards.
Though customers claim that the rim or edging of the seat could be higher to accommodate the comfort of babies, they love the overall design and comfortable back cushion. It is ideal for parents that need a sturdier product for rougher rides and surfaces. It can be purchased in 2 color choices (red/grey or grey/white) to match and bike or style.
- The seat is adjustable to suit younger and older babies/toddlers;
- It has childproof safety features to ensure baby can’t tamper with restraints;
- The padding is removable and easy to clean.
- It does not come with a front handle bar for added security;
- Customers claim that the seating could be more comfortable;
- The sides and edging are not high for added comfort/security.
3. Peg Perego Orion Child Seat
- Fitting Can be installed on bicycle frames from 32mm to 52mm (1.3" - 2.0")
- One-Click: Installation An innovative installation system makes attaching and detaching the child bike seat to the...
- Adjustable Footrests Three position adjustable footrests lets the Orion grow with child
Customers and their kids not only love the view baby gets, but also the super-comfortable seat padding. The cross bar is extra-large, extra-durable, and doubles as a handlebar while in motion. It can even be removed for older children who would like to feel like they are also steering the bike.
- The seat has a fun design that is more enjoyable for kids;
- It’s easy to install and remove;
- Adjustable and comfortable, the seat can be used for a long time.
- It can only hold children up to 33 lbs;
- May take a while to get used to the center of gravity of this seat;
- It may not be suitable for very-little babies who cannot hold up their own weight.
4. Bell Cocoon 300 Child Bicycle Carrier
- Wrap-around bucket seat design. Bell child carrier fits most 26 inch and 27 inch bikes without rear suspension
- Secure five point harness
- Molded spoke guard
Customers love the design of this bike seat, since it’s not bulky, but also safe. The added cross bar ensures your baby is always safe and the ventilated shape means they will never overheat. Customers also praise Bell for its addition of a safety reflector to the back of the bike seat, so riding at night is safe and fun.
- It is sized to suit smaller infants (under 1 year);
- The padding/seat is ultra-comfortable and removable for washing;
- The lightweight, non-bulky design makes riding easy for parents.
- There are no adjustable straps for baby’s legs;
- The cross-bar acts more as a handlebar;
- It may not fit all bikes (fits best on bikes that use an 8mm bolt).
5. WeeRide Kangaroo Child Bike Seat
- Unique front-position child bike seat with ultra-thick seat and back padding
- Installs in front of the bike saddle to put your child in a comfortable, safe position (mounting bar included)
- Deluxe safety harness and oversized buckle system for maximum safety
The headrest is comfortable and customers rave about the over-plush padding that surrounds the entire seat. The foot holders are completely adjustable and extra-large, so every child can fit comfortably. Its sleek design means improved balance and an ideal center-of-gravity. Customers may want to purchase the extra mounting bar for added security (not included), but love the shared biking experience this seat allows you to have.
- The seat has plush, comfortable padding that encompasses the entire seat;
- It has easy, adjustable installation;
- It can suit smaller babies and toddlers with the adjustable size and harness.
- There is no rim or high-profile that adds protection to the sides of the seat;
- It is not a bucket seat and does not have extra protection via high-profile sides;
- The seat may need an extra mounting bar for stability.
Recommended read: Now that we’ve take care of the need for a bike seat, you may also be interested in the best car seats for your baby.
Sharing the experience of biking keeps your family active and having fun together. The bike seat you use for your baby must be safe, secure, and comfortable, and you shouldn’t settle for anything less. The best baby bike seat list you’ve seen here today can help you choose a safe and fun product that will keep your family cycling for years to come.
Try one of these bike seats out for yourself and let us know: how did your baby enjoy it?