You knew the inevitable would happen; those chubby baby toes are now seeking excitement and adventure, and as they become transient, there will be a moment when you decide that toddler shoes are a must.
Your baby is quickly transforming into a toddler, and you must now trade in those cute and somewhat flimsy baby shoes for something sturdier and more durable. As they learn to balance, navigate furniture and move their way through life, they must be properly aligned and supported in order to prevent accidents and injuries.
Here are our top picks for best toddler shoes; shoes that will get them up and running and certainly keep you on your own toes:
10. See Kai Run Dane Sneaker[amazon box=”B01B6EI9SS”]
These colorful, sturdy sneakers will get your toddler up and running! The product was developed by a fellow mommy who wanted better options for her child; the lightweight and durable material will withstand hours of exploration and play.
It comes in a variety of colors and sizes, and is fully lined with soft, breathable material to help your baby’s feet feel cool and dry on the hottest days.
- Comes in wide sizes
- Easy to take on and off
- Sizes run small
- Rubber scuffs quite easily
9. Bay Deer High Top Leather First Walker[amazon box="B00FXOF3JQ"]
We love these best toddler shoes because they are so darned cute! Not only that, they are super durable and provide excellent ankle and arch support for feet that are just learning to stand their ground.
- Provide excellent ankle support
- Easy to clean
- Sizes run rather large
- White is the only available color
8. Stride Rite Soft Motion Amos Sneaker[amazon box="B00ZXLM6LC"]
This go-getter is easy to get on and off; an important quality in toddler shoes that never seem to stay on very long.
Containing rounded edges for better balance and non-skid soles for better traction, you'll find it hard to keep up with your little one.
It comes in an array of sizes and colors too; feel free to purchase several different pairs for fashion mixing and matching.
- Very durable
- Easy to clean
- Sizes run small
- Some parents report that the top of the shoe is too stiff
7. Wobbly Walkers First Steps Martin Boy's Leather Boots[amazon box="B00XK9L840"]
This shoe is a go to for durability, style, and comfort. One of the best toddler shoes to promote ankle strength and support, it will help your toddler navigate their world like a pro.
Premium leather uppers and insoles in combination with a rubber sole make this one sleek and stylish shoe. Why don't they have them in our sizes?
- Handcrafted; excellent quality
- Comes in wider sizes
- Sizes run small
- Some report that they are hard to put on
6. Tsukihoshi Child01 Euro Sneaker[amazon box="B00440EP1W"]
One of the best toddler shoes for versatility and style, this one also takes the cake for cuteness!
Tsukihoshi has a longstanding tradition of collaborating with other professionals on their products to promote health, safety, and development. You can be sure that this will be a premium walking experience for your child.
With antibacterial insoles and a variety of colors, it seems that no detail has been missed in the creation of this line of shoes, and your child will love to learn to walk in them!
- So comfortable it's like being barefoot
- Machine washable
- Can be considered pricey by some
- Sizes can run a bit large
5. Kuner First Walkers Shoes[amazon box="B01C726ET4"]
The best toddler shoes are designed for baby's growing and changing feet, and this quality brand is no exception.
Formulated with a flexible sole to allow curling around the toes when crawling, standing, or walking, it will stay with your child through all the ups and downs of navigating their world. Comes in a variety of colors and styles to fit your child's ever changing wardrobe.
- Excellent traction for all types of flooring
- Breathable and lightweight
- No arch or ankle support
- Some report that the shoe is too wide for baby's feet
4. Petit Marin Leather Baby Shoes with Suede Soles[amazon box="B07MHHTSXT"]
A first shoe should be functional, form fitting, and let's not forget entertaining! With over 40 designs on colorful leather uppers, this best toddler shoe will last long after your child has grown out of it.
A suede sole helps baby to gain solid footing, no matter what type of floor they come in contact with, and elastic ankles provide extra insurance against falling off while in transit.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Reasonably priced
- Some report that elastic is uncomfortable around the akles
- Some report that dye fades on leather uppers
3. Robeez Slip On Soft Soles[amazon box="B005ADKV0Q"]
This soft pliable shoe is a wonderful first shoe for babies that are just starting to explore the world around them.
Available in an array of both patterned and neutral designs, it will fast become a favorite for moms and babes as they gain strength and confidence on their feet.
- Snug and flexible fit
- Easy to get baby in and out of
- Not made to withstand rain and snow
- Wear out easily
2. Carter's Every Step Stage 2 Standing Shoe[amazon box="B01FXTCQ8G"]
Carter's, a trusted brand in baby products, makes shoes that stand the test of time. A blend of style and function make this a preferred favorite for many parents.
Designed specifically for baby's balance, it will help to encourage good alignment and posture when developing walking and balance skills.
- Super soft and flexible
- Designed for comfort and balance
- Confusing sizing
- Hard to keep on active babies
1. Ikiki Squeaky Shoes For Toddlers[amazon box="B00UG8ZH2C"]
This shoe is so adorable, it's too bad it doesn't come in adult sizes! Each lovable character shoe comes with a backstory so it can double as a playtoy when not in use.
Recommended by physical therapists and physicians, it's supportive design is both engaging and functional--you'll want to keep this one in the cedar chest for future use!
- Soft, flexible non-slip soles
- Pediatrician recommended
- Squeaker sounds stop working
- Squeaker requires heavy impact to sound; may frustrate baby
Hopefully this list simplifies the process of finding the best toddler shoes for your growing, exploring child.
They deserve the opportunity to view their ever-expanding world in comfort and in style; make sure you're wearing your runners as you attempt to keep up with them!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.