Childbirth is an experience that will change your life forever, but you’re not the only one going through changes. Your baby has just left the warm and cozy environment of your womb to this loud, confusing environment of the outside world. Getting your newborn a swaddle blanket is a wonderful way to help your baby transition to its new world while still feeling warm and cozy like they did in your womb.
Picking the best swaddle blanket can be difficult though, as they are hundreds of different brands and types. To make your lives easier, we have put together a list of the best swaddle blankets. We based our list on price, materials used, comfort, build quality and user feedback.
7. SwaddleDesigns Cotton Muslin Swaddle Blankets[amazon box=”B00J0YTFD0″]
Starting off this list is the Cotton Muslin Swaddle Blankets by SwaddleDesigns. These are some of the best swaddle blankets available today due to their high-quality build.
This swaddle blanket is made from 100% cotton in a muslin weave, ensuring your child is comfy and safe.
They’re machine washable making it a quick clean, and they come in a 4-pack so you’ll always have at least a swaddle blanket handy at any given time.
- It comes in a 4-pack
- It is very lightweight
- Swaddle instructions are included
- They’re made from 100% cotton
- There are no fasteners
- Tags could possibly be irritating
6. SwaddleMe WrapSack[amazon box="B01644O3A8"]
This WrapSack by SwaddleMe is one of the best swaddle blankets you can find because of its large size. This swaddle blanket is like a blanket that your baby can wear, it'll keep your baby nice and cozy even as they grow, and they can be used with your baby's arms in or out.
Another great feature is it's zipper near its bottom half, allowing you to change their diaper without having to unwrap the entire blanket.
- Great for older babies
- Nice and large in size
- Can be used with arms in or out
- The zipper comes in handy
- Hook-and-loop closure can wear out over time
- Must get the proper sizing
5. Halo MicroFleece SleepSack Swaddle Blanket[amazon box="B001D7JO1U"]
The Microfleece SleepSack Swaddle blanket is designed specifically to keep your little one nice and warm throughout the winter months.
It was part swaddle and part sack, allowing your baby's legs, feet and hips to move in any direction they please, which can be very beneficial to your child's bodily development.
This is one of the best swaddle blankets for moms looking for something to keep their baby comfy and warm at all times.
- Warm and cozy
- Helps transition babies out of their swaddle
- Endorsed by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
- Weight capacity of 18 pounds
- Made from polyester
4. Kaydee Baby Organic Muslin Swaddle Blankets[amazon box="B019HQ2T92"]
The Kaydee Baby Organic Muslin Swaddle Blankets are one of the best swaddle blankets in 2019 because of the organic materials it is made from. The muslin blankets are made from 100% organic cotton certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
This means your baby is getting a super comfy blanket that has almost no chance of irritating your child's skin. They're also very versatile, they can be used not only as a swaddle blanket but a regular snuggle blanket or even a car or stroller seat cover.
- Made from 100% organic cotton
- Washing is simple
- Can be used as a regular blanket too
- Colors are gender-neutral
- Only one design option
- Does not fasten
3. SwaddleMe Pod[amazon box="B01F7DQ3OQ"]
The SwaddleMe Pod has a couple of different features that make it eligible for the list of the best swaddle blankets. One of the main reasons is the materials this swaddle blanket is made from: A cotton-spandex combination that has been engineered to make your child feel as if they're still in your womb.
This is a great way to make your baby comfy after childbirth, as the womb is the only environment they've come to know. Another great feature of this blanket is it's two-way zipper design, making it easy to change their diaper no matter what position they're in.
- Mimics the sensation of being in the womb
- The two-way zipper is useful
- Great for small newborns
- Weight capacity is 12 pounds
- Strong babies can force their hands out
2. Aden + Anais Classic Swaddle Blanket[amazon box="B002SW3B0O"]
This classic swaddle blanket by Aden + Anais is an excellent option as your baby's first Swaddler and also one of the best swaddle blankets available.
These blankets are made from 100% cotton muslin, making it extremely breathable and lightweight while also being soft and comfy. They come in super cute designs, and they can be used as regular snuggle blankets too.
- Comes in a 4-pack
- Can be used as nursing covers
- Design is very cute
- Made from 100% cotton
- Lightweight and breathable
- A bit expensive
- They don't come with instructions
1. Miracle Blanket Baby Swaddle Blanket[amazon box="B000G0L2TM"]
Ending off the list is this fantastic baby swaddle blanket by Miracle Blanket. What makes this blanket of the best snuggle blankets around is how escape-proof it is. Once your baby is wrapped in this, it's practically impossible for them to wiggle their way out.
It even comes with additional arm flaps to keep their arms from pushing out of the swaddle. It is also one size fits all so you don't have to worry about it being an incorrect fit for your child.
- One size fits all
- It is made from 100% cotton
- No Velcro or fasteners
- Ensures your child can't escape
- Can only be used as a swaddle blanket
- Might be complicated at first
Getting your newborn a swaddle blanket is a great way to keep your baby warm, comfy and out of trouble while they're still adjusting to the outside world.
Be sure to check out all of the best swaddle blankets listed above, and leave feedback talking about your own experiences with any of these blankets.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.