❄️Wintertime = fun time for kids, as what child doesn’t enjoy a snowy day and the prospect of having fun out in the snow, building a snowman ☃️, and even better, sliding down the slope on a sled 🛷.
While you might rather have your kids stay inside where it’s warm and safe, it really wouldn’t be fair to keep them away from the joys of winter. So instead of forbidding them to go out, best get them all bundled up and cozy, and take that sleigh out for a tour.
To make your snowy day even more relaxing and hassle-free, we’ve compiled a list of the best sleds for toddlers that you can use this season (and the next one), and included details about each of them to make it easier to choose one.
🛷 The Best 5 Sleds for Toddlers 🛷
5. Pipeline Sno Snow-Pal Inflatable Kids Snow Tube
- Inflatable snow tube in Blue/Snow Seal print design.
- One (1) Person Ride-on snow tube, Ages 4 and up.
- Sturdy handles - Hold-on easily with 2 handles across the snow and downhill.
This kiddie snow tube is a great starting point as besides having a playful design, it is also comfortable and safe to use. While it is an ideal choice for children between 1 and 3 years old, older kids will have just as much fun with it (if not more).
One of this sled’s main safety features is its high back wrap-around seat, which will make sure that your little ones won’t fall on their backs and that they will also have a comfortable ride.
This Pipeline Sno product is made of specially-formulated materials that make it cold and crack-resistant, durable, but still lightweight. You also get an integrated, sturdy pull rope that will make it easier for you to pull this sled even on more ‘unconventional’ sleigh terrains (carpets and tiles, for example, for when sledding outside is not an option).
The lightweight and durable material adds the advantage of speed and the reduced weight of the material makes it easy to pull the kids around.
If you are looking for a way to keep your child entertained throughout a snowy day, then this is one of the best sleds for toddlers you can get.
- Inflatable, Pack-and-Go type of product
- Comfortable, safe, and easy to use by toddlers even when they are by themselves.
- Made with durable, cold and crack-resistant materials
- Doesn’t have handles
|WHERE TO BUY|
4. Flexible Flyer Wooden Baby Sleigh
- Baby Boggan - This Flexible Flyer wooden baby sleigh is a fun way to tow little kids through the snow with classic style
- Hand-Crafted - Kids sleigh made from Northern Hard Rock Maple with steam bent backrest and runners
- Dry & Secure - Elevated riding position keeps your child dry. This baby sled's high double-slat backrest is great for...
Flexible Flyer has been in the industry for a long time now, which means they understand the importance of quality and durability. This sled is hand-crafted from high-quality Northern Hard Rock maple wood and features steam bent runners and a high, double-slat backrest.
Coupled with the elevated riding position, these two elements make for a secure and also dry ride. This classic looking sled has yet another safety feature, namely, its wide base which ensures its stability.
- Includes a nylon ropes handle (for safety) and pull rope (for towing)
- Powder coated paint
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use right out of the box
- Can be padded for extra comfort and warmth
- Some complaints about the sled’s construction (unfinished wood, not sanded off and splintered)
|WHERE TO BUY|
3. TSL Sleds Kid’s Pull Sled
- Perfect sled for getting you and your toddler outside
- High back and sides combined with included safety harness keeps your youngster upright and safe
- Molded Outriggers provide stability on a variety of terrain and conditions as well as providing storage
This is a great sled to use if you are looking to introduce your child to the wintery outdoors. Everything from design to comfort to materials was specifically chosen to ensure the safety of your toddler while he or she is enjoying this white new world.
The TSL Sleds sleight features a high back and sides and also a safety harness so that your child will remain safe and upright at all times. It has a wide footprint that guarantees easy pulling, reduced friction and adds an extra layer of stability, too.
- Has molded outriggers – ensures stability on a variety of terrains + storage space
- Made with long-lasting, durable materials
- Comfortable and safe (built-in harness)
- The colors don’t seem to match up to their description
- Drags a bit in deeper snow
|WHERE TO BUY|
2. Flexible Flyer Toddler Boggan Sleds
- BABY SLED - This Flexible Flyer baby pull sled is the perfect way to tow babies on packed snow, groomed paths, or snow...
- SECURE SUPPORT - Extra high back on this baby sleigh provides support for young children. Adjustable safety strap...
- STABLE - Wide base keeps this toddler sled stable for a safe ride. Sled measures 26.5 x 20.5 x 10.5
Flexible Flyer slides right in with another great sled for your little one. This time around, the sled is made out of high-density polyethylene, which makes it weather and crack-resistant.
Just as the other Flyer product on this list, this is a very stable and secure sleigh. This latter is ensured, in part, thanks to the extra high backrest that will provide youngsters with all the support they need. Another important safety feature is the built-in strap that can be adjusted according to need.
Compact in size, it is very easy to tow and includes a long row specially installed for the parents’ comfort. This is definitely one of the best sleds for toddlers, as it was designed for babies and children under 3 years old.
- Made in the USA
- Sturdy, comfortable, and safe design
- Easy to tow on anything from groomed paths, packed snow, or 4 inches deep one
- Maneuverable and crack-resistant
- Seems to accumulate snow underneath which then causes it to drag
- Several reports of it cracking after a limited number of uses
|WHERE TO BUY|
Suggested read: All ready for sledding but the hill is far away and you have to take the car? A car seat will be more than handy and also quite easy to find!
1. EMSCO Group Toddler Sled – Ergonomic and Child Safe Design
- Safe/secure baby sled. Extra-high backed seat
- Wide, stable design Designed for baby's comfort and support
- Raised foot-support rails and seat area keep baby above cold snow
This EMSCO sled will surely help your kid have fun and is also one of the most comfortable sleighs you can find as not even bumpy snowy slopes can stand in its way. All of this is thanks to its ergonomic, extra-high backed seat that keep things both comfy and secure.
The sled itself is designed for width and stability, and the adjustable, snap lock-type of seatbelt will help increase your child’s safety while sleighing.
Unless it’s snowing, your child should also remain quite dry, as this Infant Boggan-style sled features a raised seat area and foot support rails. This is surely one of the best sleds for toddlers and babies alike, one that also keeps the parents’ comfort in mind, if the extra-long tow rope is anything to go by.
- Comes with a built-in, adjustable seat built
- Made with safety and stability in mind – but also speed
- Padded seat option, for increased comfort
- Made in the USA
- Some problems with the seatbelt (missing upon arrival/snapped)
|WHERE TO BUY|
🛷 Sleigh Away! 🛷
Now that you’ve seen some of the best sleds for toddlers and babies you can get nowadays, you should be all ready to pick one and enjoy the next snowy day!
Are you already having fun in the snow with one of these sleds, or even with another one mentioning? Then feel free to throw a snowball (or better yet, details) about your favorite way of sliding or sledding during a nice, wintery day!
Featured Image: Photo by Igor Cancarevic on Unsplash
Editor's note: this post was first uploaded in October 2017 and has received multiple updates, including the most recent one in January 2019.