There are hundreds of products out on the market that promise vibrant health for you at this critical time; how do you know which one to choose? This comprehensive list of some of the best prenatal vitamins will help point you in the right direction and get you on the right nutritional track for a healthy delivery and a healthy baby.
As moms, we want the best for our kids. The best doesn’t start when they arrive, however – we need to provide the best for them in utero so that they arrive with every physical, mental, and emotional advantage that we can give them. Many moms choose to take prenatal vitamins to help supplement a healthy nutrition plan while baby is still in the womb; this is an important addition that you can make to nutritional needs for both of you.
5. Garden Of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Vitamin
Garden of Life Vitamin Code prenatal vitamin is specially formulated and made from nutritious raw whole Foods.
Mommy-to-be can rest easy knowing that she is getting optimal nutrition for pregnancy and lactation, and her baby will be receiving benefits from one of the best prenatal vitamins on the market.
This unique formula contains added jewels such as ginger, probiotics, and vitamins D and zinc which aid in promoting good digestive health.
- All raw formulated for optimal nutrient absorption
- Works throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Can cause stomach upset if taken without food
- Considered too expensive by some
4. Zahler Prenatal DHA
For those moms looking for a one-stop-shop solution to cover all nutritional bases when pregnant and breast-feeding, this product is it.
It contains over 25 various vitamins and minerals and over 300 mg of DHA, an essential omega-3 fatty acid for brain and nervous system cell growth.
Zahler manufacturers this product only in the United States, and it comes from a very trusted and well respected company in the supplement industry.
- Contains generous doses of folate and vitamin D
- No artificial dyes or additives
- Does not contain a proper dose of manganese
- Black spots can sometimes appear on vitamins, but they are harmless
3. New Chapter Perfect Prenatal Vitamins
Moms, you'll be very impressed to know that the ingredients in this vitamin come from whole food fermented sources that feature digestibility; they are very gentle on your stomach.
One of the first products to get manufactured with certified all-organic ingredients like kale, broccoli, cauliflower, and many more beneficial foods, it will do wonders for you and for your growing baby.
- Certified whole food organic ingredients
- Large doses of vitamins D and A for healthy fetal development
- Does not include DHA in the formula
- Use of synthetic B12
2. Rainbow Light Prenatal Petite Mini-Tab Multivitamin
This conveniently-sized tablet is easy to swallow, featuring an effective blend of nutrients that support both you and your baby.
With 800 mg of folate per tablet and a special blend of ingredients that is supremely easy to digest, it is a smart choice for anyone with stomach sensitivities.
This is one of the best prenatal vitamins for those with pre-existing digestive problems, as it won't exacerbate your condition.
- Contains a blend of ginger and other spices to sooth the stomach
- Small size makes swallowing easier
- Tablets have a rough exterior that can stick to the tongue
- Low doses of vitamin D
1. MegaFood - Baby and Me
This wonder food formula contains all natural ingredients that help to promote strength, balance your mood, and prevent nausea during your pregnancy.
Gentle ingredients and high digestibility make it acceptable to take on an empty stomach; while it takes 4 tablets to equal recommended doses of vitamins and minerals, tablets are safe and easy to swallow.
- Contains whole food ingredients
- Digestable even on an empty stomach
- Takes 4 tablets to get recommended doseage
- Higher priced than other prenatal options
Moms, buy from this list of best prenatal vitamins with confidence; you are fueling yourself for the important work you are doing, and you are providing your baby with the best for the long road little one has ahead.
Take your prenatal vitamins consistently, eat a sensible diet, and prepare to meet your healthy baby. Congratulations!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.