So, brave parents, you’ve elected to travel with your young ones, and you are wondering how to keep them safe and comfortable when overnighting in a location other than your home. Have you considered the use of a travel crib to make travel, play, and even sleeping a whole lot easier?
Believe us, we know how challenging it is to try to get baby to sleep period, let alone figuring out how to sleep in an unfamiliar location. A playard/travel crib is the best solution for you if you want to provide your little one with the safety and security of something familiar, while fitting it into new and unfamiliar surroundings.
Why Travel with a Travel Crib?
There are some solid reasons to think about getting playard travel cribs for your child:
- Your child will fall asleep more easily in a space that they are used to
- You know the travel crib is appropriate for your baby
- You know that your crib is safe for your baby
- You know that there will be a crib available if there is no other option
- You know the cleanliness and condition of your crib
- Your crib can double as a playard for daytime play
10. BabyBjorn Travel Crib Light
Babybjorn is a trusted brand for baby products, and this innovative travel crib is no exception. Wonderfully lightweight, it is easy to set up and fold away and easy to carry as well.
Breathable mesh sides are easy to look through for careful monitoring of baby, while a soft and insulated bottom mattress ensures safe play and sleep, no matter what time of day.
- Suitable from birth through 3 years
- Lightweight; under 11 pounds
- Considered pricey by some
- Joints were hard to extend and lock into place
9. Phil and Ted's Travel Crib
This is an extremely lightweight crib for the size; for those wanting something more similar to a full size crib, the Phil and Ted's is ideal for exploration, play, and a little sleep thrown in.
Fully mesh sizes open on one size to allow easy access to baby; on the downside, it also allows baby easy access to anything in the outside world--you might want to keep it zipped up! Folds down and packs into a very compact carrier that is perfect for car or airplane transport.
- Stable, comfy, and spacious
- Over the shoulder carrying case
- Not as easy to assemble as some other cribs
- Carrying case not very durable
8. 2 in 1 Rocking Fold-And-Travel Bassinet
A portable crib that can also rock? That rocks! This 8th wonder of the world can open and become baby ready in under 5 seconds; parents know how valuable that time is when you're dealing with a parenting crisis.
One of the best playards travel cribs on the market today, it includes a carrying bag to transport from one place to the next, you can jet set across the globe and attend to baby's every need for comfort and safety with this bassinet.
- Has the option for rocking
- 1 second fold up!
- Slightly heavier than other cribs
- Only suitable for babies from birth through 5 months
7. Guava Lotus Travel Crib
One of the best playards travel cribs being manufactured, the Guava combines day play with nighty night comfort in one product. This crib offer also offers quick setup, with a little over 15 seconds to full functionality.
This is invaluable for this of us who are just plain tired or jet lagged at the end of a long journey. The Guava meets the GREENGOLD standard for chemical free materials, so it is truly one of the best playards travel cribs for your little one to play and rest in.
- Suitable from birth through 3 years
- Very quick to set up
- Mattress is a little thin
- Product considered too pricey by some
6. Graco Travel Crib With Stages
No products found.
For those of us that want a system that grows with our baby, the Graco is one of the best playards travel cribs for growth, development, and play. With a removable bassinet for napping and ample room for baby to move around in, this travel crib is perfect any time of day or night.
- Can be used as baby grows
- Compact and portable
- Some report that the crib has a strong chemical odor
- Size was smaller than some expected
5. Joovy New Room2 Portable Playard
This portable playard has a huge space to accommodate your growing baby...or even a friend!
A perfect place to both play and sleep, your baby will interact with the world around them in a safe and comforting environment. Ease of set up and take down make it an attractive option for parents on the go.
- Suitable for more than one child
- Durable and spacious
- Bulky but still portable; you may need assistance
- Breakdown and transport take a bit of time
4. ElanBambino Portable Crib
|Fitted Bed Sheet for Portable ElanBambino Travel Crib, 23" x 44". Your...
Extremely lightweight, easy to assemble and disassemble, this portable crib is a superior option for jet setting toddlers and their parents.
A comfortable foam mattress, sun shade and mosquito net make it a great option for outdoor fun or indoor play.
- Thick, comfortable mattress
- High quality material for an affordable price
- Manual needs to be read for some setup functions
- Diagonal legs can pose a tripping hazard
3. MinGZ Large Baby Travel Tent
This comfortable and easy to set up system has baby's safety and security in mind; it is easily assimilated into existing luggage so that no additional transport is needed.
UV50+ protection ensures that your baby will be protected no matter where you are - the beach, the yard, or camping in the great outdoors. Enjoy some sun and fun and rest easy that baby is "covered".
- UV protection for baby
- Easy to fold up and transport
- Padding is a bit more than with other systems
- No legs for off the ground support
2. Brica Fold N'Go Travel Bassinet
The Brica Fold N Go features modern innovation, breathable and washable fabric, and 4 point Safe-T-lock design to give you peace of mind that baby can sleep safe and sound.
Coming complete with a waterproof fitted bedsheet and soft mattress, your baby won't be awake for long after hitting this soft and plush dreaminess.
- Slim, lightweight, sturdy design
- Carrying handle makes transport a breeze
- Can only accommodate babies up to 4 months of age
- Not good for unsupervised sleep, as babies may kick and flip out of it
1. Delta Children Mosaic Viaggi Playard
Suitable for use at home and while traveling, the Delta is the go to for many busy families who are flying from place to place.
Plenty of room is available for day or nighttime use, and a convenient travel bag makes it the perfect companion for day trips or more extended travel.
- Washable fabric cover
- Slim fold and convenient carrying bag
- A bit difficult to get it up and running at first
- Support beams can take up a lot of space
Play, sleep, dream, and travel in style with any one of these best placards travel cribs; you'll find both traveling and home life a little easier knowing that baby rest, grow, and play in ultimate comfort. Happy traveling!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.