When breastfeeding your baby, you need a comfortable position that enhances this wonderful motherhood experience.
A well-designed nursing pillow is essential for spending quality time with your infant.
The ones on the market today offer a variety of shapes and features that will make nursing healthier and more comfortable. But the best nursing pillow for you and your baby depends on your specific needs.
Among the following options, you can find a suitable nursing aid that offers the proper support no matter your medical history.
1. Boppy Bare Naked Pillow
The Boppy Bare Naked Pillow has been around for a long time and is the best nursing pillow available. Mothers consider it a very useful accessory for breastfeeding. It works well for bottle-feeding babies as well. The U-shape makes this pillow good for more than just propping up the baby to the appropriate height while nursing. It provides a soft, flexible surface on which your little one can fall asleep or lie across.
Mothers often write reviews about the Boppy Bare Naked Pillow on the websites of stores that sell the product. With a Boppy pillow situated under your infant’s torso, he may find tummy time to be tolerable. If he’s old enough to hold up his head, then you can sit him up and surround him with the pillow for support. A wide array of slip covers is available for Boppy. However, you can wash the pillow itself in the machine.
- It makes breastfeeding easy
- The pillow is convenient to use
- It doesn’t have to be constantly readjusted
- Slipcovers come in every color and design
- It can be used for much more than just breastfeeding
- The rounded shape makes it hard to keep a very squirmy baby on the pillow
- Its covers are not waterproof
2. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow
My Brest Friend is the best nursing pillow on the market for moms who just underwent a C section. Its backrest adds an ergonomic touch to the popular wrap-around design. You can rest your arms and elbows while you breastfeed to avoid shoulder strain. Meanwhile, your baby will be comfortable on a plush surface that prevents him from rolling in either direction.
If you have twins, then you will benefit from the manufacturer’s Twin Plus version of My Brest Friend. An organic model is available plus a deluxe pillow that includes a velcro strap and a silent-release buckle for one-handed use. The fabric on the deluxe version is extra soft.
- It offers support that is superior to many other nursing pillows
- The pillow works well for well-endowed mothers who need to hold up one breast while nursing
- It is bulky, but it has pockets for things like bottles, pacifiers, and burp cloths as well as your cell phone
- Since it can be buckled, you can keep it around you when you get up and walk around.
- It takes a bit more to put on than with other nursing pillows
3. Ergobaby Natural Curve Nursing Pillow
For a tummy-to-tummy position during breastfeeding, try the Ergobaby Natural Curve Nursing Pillow. It runs about $70 to $80 and can be bought online. Your purchase will include a plush slipcover that is made of 100% cotton poplin over polyester pile fabric. Since the cover is machine washable, you can keep it fresh and clean for your baby.
The pillow measures 6 by 23 by 14 inches and is filled with solid cotton/polyester/polyester foam. The design makes it one of the best nursing pillows available. It helps you to maintain good posture while bonding with your baby. It wraps around your waist and provides a soft surface for your infant.
The following points about this best nursing pillow have been made in online reviews on the manufacturer’s website.
- Its firmness helps to keep the baby in place
- It keeps the baby’s head elevated so that digestion is easy
- The cover fabric doesn’t make the baby sweat
- The pillow has a curve that helps the baby to latch on properly
- A handle would make the pillow easier to grab with one hand
4. Dr. Brown’s Gia Best Nursing Pillow
The height of Dr. Brown’s Gia Nursing Pillow places it among the best nursing pillows for sale today. Nearly all major retailers carry it with a price under $25.00. This product is economical as well as functional.
You don’t have to use a cover for the pillow since it is machine washable. The quilted shell is 100% cotton, and the pillow holds its shape well during the laundering process. Because it was designed by a Lactation Consultant, the Gia nursing pillow is made to be used in a variety of positions.
- The length is good for your baby as he grows
- The nursing angle helps to prevent influx
- The wide, flat surface keeps the baby in place
- Might be too stiff for some moms and babies
Recommended read: Since you’re here, you may also be interested in reading about the best toddler pillows today.
Regardless of which product best meets your needs, you should enjoy a successful breastfeeding experience with your little one.
This list of the best nursing pillow options reflects the positive feedback from many satisfied customers.
Any comments or questions that you have about nursing pillows are welcome. Mothers-to-be can benefit greatly from reading about your personal experiences, so don’t keep it all to yourself!
Editor’s note: this post was first uploaded in April 2017 and has received multiple updates, including the most recent one in April 2019.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts 😊