There’s no question that dressing for pregnancy is hard. Your body is changing constantly, even by the day, and you also want to look cute with your growing belly. We love the best maternity leggings that address these concerns. Because they’re stretchy, they’re comfortable to put on and wear over (or under) your bump.
Many maternity leggings also come in fun colors and patterns that can be paired with any maternity top. You can feel fashionable and comfortable at the same time, which is perfect for those belly pictures to post on social media.
In this article, we’ll focus on the best maternity leggings right now. We’re ranking based on user reviews, colors and prints available, and fabric content. It’s essential to find maternity leggings that will allow your body to breathe, especially if hormones are causing you to sweat more than normal. Because we are assessing based on user reviews, there will be some pros and cons for each pair of leggings. Let’s get started.
7. Mothers Essentials Maternity Pregnant Women Leggings
|Essentials for Mothers Maternity Pregnant Women Leggings||Check Price|
The Mothers Essentials Maternity Leggings are over-the-bump leggings. They come in three colors: black, brown, and gray. These are excellent neutral basics for any maternity wardrobe.
The fabric is 92% polyamide and 8% elastane, so they are very, very stretchy. The front panel is also long enough that they won’t fall down, even in the later months of pregnancy.
- No seams for a comfortable, non-chafing fit
- Ultra-stretchy fabric provides back support and wicks moisture
- Can be worn during and after pregnancy when your body is bouncing back
- Fabric is slightly see-through
- Some users felt like the fit was more similar to opaque tights than leggings
6. Motherhood Maternity French Terry Leggings
|Motherhood Maternity Women's Maternity Light-Weight Full Length French...||Check Price|
The Motherhood Maternity French Terry Leggings are pull-on leggings. They are a cotton/polyester blend and machine washable. Motherhood has a patented stretch maternity panel that is designed to grow with your growing belly. It comes in two colors: black and gray.
We ranked these on our list of the best maternity leggings for the comfortable maternity panel that provides plenty of room for your bump.
- Buttery soft French terry fabric stays cool and comfortable all day
- Functional back pockets to stash your phone or keys
- Thick enough to not show underwear lines underneath
- Some users noticed that the fabric starts to pill after a while
- The leggings run long and may require hemming if you’re not super tall
5. Shop Pretty Girl Maternity Leggings
|Maternity Leggings Seamless Solid Color Nursing Clothes Tights - 1, 2,...||Check Price|
We ranked these #5 on our list of the best maternity leggings for their incredible comfort and value. They come in packs of one, two, or three. You can choose from eight fun colors, including a funky pink space tie dye.
- One size fits all, so no more guessing about what your “pregnancy pant size” should be
- Woven knit provides full coverage
- Over-the-bump design
- Some users comment that these leggings are too thin to be worn in the winter
- The thin material may get runs easily
4. PattyBoutik Mama Shaping Series Maternity Legging
|PattyBoutik Mama Shaping Series Maternity Legging Yoga Pants (Heather...||Check Price|
PattyBoutik’s maternity leggings are the perfect choice for any sporty mama-to-be. They have a full panel, a lower V-shaped back, and a single layer design to lift and support the belly. The leggings come in two colors: heather dark gray and black.
- Flattering lower V-shape cut in the back also reduces strain
- Users love that it fits and flatters taller mamas
- Not see-through
- Visible seaming can show through some shirts
- Some users noticed that these collect lint after a few washes
3. BLANQI Everyday Maternity Belly Support Leggings
BLANQI has designed a pair of the best maternity leggings for everyday wear. They have multiple layers of compression to support a growing belly. They come in black.
- No seams
- Breathable fabric
- Comfortable compression
- Over-the-bump design
- Several users noticed the fabric tears easily
- Can run big
2. Kindred Bravely The Louisa Ultra High-Waisted Over the Bump Maternity/Pregnancy Leggings
Kindred Bravely has designed fashionable maternity leggings that can be worn during and after pregnancy during that awkward postpartum phase.
The flattering seaming highlights both your natural and growing curves. Comes in two colors: black and gray.
- Stylish fit
- The waistband can either be worn high or folded down for extra belly support
- Contouring fit
- Some users noticed the fabric was slightly see-through
- Waist band is very high when not folded down
1. QYQ High Waisted Leggings
These leggings are adorable and come in 10 colors, from black to bright fuchsia. The four-way stretch design supports your growing belly from every angle. QYQ leggings come with a hidden waistband pocket for holding keys or other small items.
- Excellent quality at an affordable price point
- No awkward bunching at the ankles
- Comfortable waistband
- Runs large
- Very see-through fabric
We've talked about the best maternity leggings this year. Every mom deserves to feel beautiful during pregnancy. We hope you've enjoyed this list. Do you have experience with some of these products? Let us know what you think and feel free to offer new suggestions.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.