One moment that makes some women sad during the first months of pregnancy is the moment when the favored pair of jeans no longer fits. Finding the right pair of maternity jeans that “looks cute” and remains comfortable and functional is a must for any “well rounded” pregnancy wardrobe.
The best maternity jeans are stylish, durable, and expandable; they grow with you and baby. The following list of our favorites is meant to simplify your process of adding fundamental pieces to your maternity wardrobe:
9. Motherhood Maternity Women’s Maternity Super Stretch Secret Fit Belly Skinny Leg Denim Jean
These high-waisted, belly band jeans are designed and made with the coveted Motherhood Maternity reputation backing them; available in two different colors, they are acceptable for casual or more formal and work wear. The patented belly band ensures that you will wear these jeans in comfort all day long with minimal need for adjustments. That’s good news for us moms that are bending, stretching, turning and twisting all day long.
- Made from very soft and stretchy material
- No uncomfortable seams
- Jeans run a little big and baggy
- Front pockets are fake, decorative pockets
8. Motherhood Maternity Women's Maternity Super Stretch Secret Fit Belly Bootcut Denim Jean
|Motherhood Maternity Women's Maternity Indigo Blue Stretch Secret Fit...||Check Price|
For those who would rather NOT wear skinny jeans, Motherhood Maternity has a bootcut option.
While pregnancy does bring with it the risk of developing "candles", having a maternity jean option with a wider ankle is appreciated.
One of the best maternity jeans options for your expanding world, Motherhood Maternity brand does not disappoint.
- Jeans are machine washable
- Fully functional back pockets
- Longer design is better suited for tall mothers
- Fits tighter through the hip and thigh area, so they may not be comfortable for some
7. MamaJeans Milano Denim Maternity Jeans Made In Italy
|Milano Denim Maternity Jeans Made in Italy||Check Price|
They may have a higher price point, but with that comes exceptional quality and durability.
MamaJeans is imported straight from Italy; they are created to have more of a real jeans look and feel while accommodating the expanding needs of your pregnancy stomach.
Coming in dark blue and black options, they will round out your wardrobe quite nicely for the next nine months and beyond.
- Very stretchy material
- All pockets can be used
- These are more expensive than other brands
- They ride lower than other jeans, causing many to want to adjust them to fit and feel better
6. MamaJeans Torino Denim Boot Cut Maternity Pants
Another of the best maternity jeans coming in on this list is from Italy; the Torino cut is similar to the Milano, but they do have a little more room for growth with a relaxed fit. Belly band comes in the same color as the jeans, so your expanding stomach is less obvious to others. These bootcut jeans have fully functional pockets and a sleek, tailored look that is suitable for both day and evening wear.
- Belt loops of added adjustability
- Belly band is supremely comfortable
- More expensive than other brands
- Run smaller in sizes, so you may need to order a size up
5. DL1961 Women's DL1961 Maternity Jeans
|DL1961 Women's DL1961 Maternity Jeans Jeans||Check Price|
DL1961 is a copycat version of the regular style of DL1961 regular fit jeans.
Rather than the belly band, these jeans sport elastic on both sides of the waistband, allowing your expanding stomach room to grow all the way through pregnancy.
Jeans can be machine washed and dried for ease of use, and decorative pockets and belt loops give the look and feel of real denim jeans.
- Very high-quality jeans
- No belly band to cause itching later in pregnancy
- Have a hard time staying up
- Most of the pockets are fake
4. Jessica Simpson Petite Secret Fit Belly Jegging Maternity Jeans
This style of maternity jean is specifically created for the more petite mommy who doesn't want big and bulky clothing.
Also sold by Motherhood Maternity stores nationwide, this jean comes in both dark blue and regular denim colors for versatile wardrobe options.
A classic look for a classy mama, these jeans will carry you through right up to delivery day.
- Very stretchy and comfortable material
- Belly band is supportive and comfortable
- A little more expensive than others on this list
- Petite sizes do not cater to all body shapes and sizes
3. HyBrid & Company Super Soft Comfy Stretch Women's Skinny Maternity Jeans
No products found.
These best maternity jeans are another affordable jean option for mamas who don't have a whole lot to spend on their maternity wardrobe.
With a skinny jean style and over eleven different color options, this one is easy to pair with virtually any top or blouse that you have in your closet.
- Affordable for most
- Comes in a variety of different colors
- Most of the pockets are fake
- Belly band is shorter than some other belly bands
2. Signature By Levi Strauss and Company Gold Label Women's Maternity Skinny Jeans
These strong and signature jeans come in four different colors.
They are as comfortable as they are fashionable, and with a mixture of cotton, polyester, and elastane, they retain their shape through your busiest days of "mumming".
- Very comfortable, stretchy fit
- Patented design provides extra support for your back
- Need frequent readjusting during the day
- Jeans pick up lint very easily
1. Three Seasons Maternity Women's Maternity Bootcut Denim with Neutral Belly Band
Three Seasons is a more comfortable, loose fit that is ideal for women who want a little more give in their pregnancy duds. Belly band is neutral in color for use under any type of top or blouse. All pockets are real and big enough to hold the essentials, such as keys and phone. They are ideal for the mom who always seems to be on the go.
- All pockets are real
- Machine washable and easy to dry
- Extra long fit might have to be folded up
- Wide bottoms may seem more like bell bottoms than boot cut jeans
With these best maternity jeans now at the top of your shopping list, it's time to celebrate that growing belly and cover it with the best and most comfortable wear for your pregnancy.
Congratulations, and we look forward to seeing you in some of these fitting and fabulous fashionable jeans!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.