The best maternity clothes can be difficult to find, especially if you go in with no info. Shopping online can change this, however, as a potential customer can read reviews and questions to find more information about the product.
We’ve brought together the best maternity clothes this year by addressing the fit, durability, support, and overall look based on the user reviews of csustomers who have already tried the clothes.
7. Hello Miz Women’s Faux Wrap Maxi Maternity Dress With Belt[amazon box=”B07GQ75JCF”]
This maternity dress grows with the expecting mother, allowing you to wear it in the early stages of pregnancy and all the way through the end, plus it can still be worn after the baby is born as the neckline of the dress is easy to shift to the side to breastfeed a baby.
It can be worn with or without the belt and is available in 3/4 sleeves or short sleeves. It is made of polyester and spandex and has a flowy style that many pregnant moms love. The main complaint is that the dress may be too long for girls who are shorter than 5′ 4″, requiring high heels to be worn or the dress to be pinned up.
- The new mom can wear it during her entire pregnancy and then post-partum.
- Pretty floral pattern.
- Multiple color options available.
- May require pinning the neck line to avoid showing too much cleavage.
- Too long for shorter girls.
6. Jezero Women's Maternity Top[amazon box="B07MHNSQD6"]
This top comes in both short and long sleeve options and is flowy with waist folds to allow wear throughout the entire pregnancy. It is long enough to wear with leggings, but it is still short enough to wear with jeans or shorts.
There are different pattern options, as well, and the material type is different depending on which print is chosen. One complaint is that the long sleeve shirt doesn't have elastic under the bust, whereas the short sleeve does, making the long sleeve option somewhat uncomfortable.
- Can be worn throughout the entire pregnancy.
- Is available in different print and color options.
- Flattering for all body types.
- Long sleeve option doesn't have elastic under the bust.
- Some complaints of shrinking in the dryer.
5. Smallshow Women's Long Sleeve Back Lace Maternity Nursing Top[amazon box="B07MML2C1J"]
This loose-fitting long sleeve top grows with a pregnant mother, and then can be worn post-partum for nursing or even for non-nursing moms.
Since a woman's post-partum body isn't the same as their pre-pregnancy body, this flowy cotton top with lace detail on the back allows them to feel good about themselves while learning to love their new body.
Different options are available for this shirt including having the stripes at the bottom of the shirt or at the top of the shirt instead, and there are several color options available, as well. The main complaint with this maternity shirt is that the sizing runs a little on the small side, but the manufacturer says that they have fixed this issue.
- Many different color and style options.
- Has small breast openings for nursing moms.
- Can be worn with leggings or with pants.
- Comfortable and fashionable.
- The fit is a bit tighter than it appears on the model in the picture - may have to order a size up.
- Directions say to hand wash, and customers have complained of the top shrinking in the dryer.
4. Rumor Has It Maternity Over The Belly Super Soft Stretch Skinny Jeans[amazon box="B074G3QKVT"]
These maternity jeans are comfortable and have a full panel that stretches over the belly to support the bump as it grows. The stretch of the jeans makes it so that a pregnant mom is comfortable while moving around throughout the day.
Since these are made of cotton, polyester, rayon, and spandex, they are intended to look a little tight in order to complement every body type. One complaint is that some pregnant mothers have had trouble keeping them up on their hips.
- Available in three different shades.
- They look more like regular jeans than maternity jeans.
- The stretchy panel allows them to grow with a pregnant mother.
- Machine washable.
- Some moms have trouble keeping the jeans up.
- The pockets are small.
3. Mother's Essentials Maternity Leggings[amazon box="B019TFZ5WO"]
These leggings look good, are comfortable, and offer support to an expecting mom's growing belly. The seamless look allows for style and no irritating seams, and the leggings can be stretched quite a bit without becoming see-through.
The supportive belly panel goes all the way up to the bottom of the mom's bra, giving plenty of room for belly growth and support. The most common complaint is that these are more like tights than leggings, so something may have to be worn over top to cover the butt area.
- Lots of room to grow.
- Aren't see-through.
- Stretching belly band goes all the way over the belly.
- They are more like tights than leggings so, while they aren't see-through, it is easy to see underwear seams through them.
- May sag a little, causing thighs to rub together.
2. Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women's Maternity Skinny Jeans[amazon box="B01N7U0WIG"]
These skinny jeans are designed to support a growing belly without losing their shape throughout the day. The skinny fit sticks around which eliminates the hassle of having to pull the pants up constantly while moving around.
With a normal look to them, these maternity pants look like regular blue jeans rather than maternity pants, giving pregnant moms the ability to feel like their old selves again. One complaint is that most customers say they should have ordered one size down when purchasing these.
- Machine washable.
- Available in many different washes.
- Looks like regular jeans instead of maternity jeans.
- Keeps the skinny fit all day.
- Should order one size smaller than usual.
- Stretchy belly panel could go higher.
1. Liu & Qu Women's Maternity Bodycon Ruched Side Dress Casual[amazon box="B074QMJQLM"]
This maternity dress can be worn alone, or it can be paired with tights, leggings, or a cardigan. It is long enough that even with a very large belly an expecting mom can be comfortable and assured that the dress won't be too short.
The stretchy, ruched sides allow the dress to be worn throughout the entire pregnancy, and it can be dressed up or dressed down. A big complaint is that each pattern and color option fits differently, so it is a struggle to order multiple dresses and know what to expect.
- Available in many different colors and patterns.
- Ruched sides allow for comfort and wear throughout the entire pregnancy.
- Soft, comfortable fabric.
- Can easily be worn in different ways.
- Each color or print option fits differently.
- May be too loose for petite women.
- May shrink after drying.
Wrapping Things Up
The best maternity clothes can be found based on the reviews of other customers, as the reviews discuss aspects such as fit, quality, durability, and look.
There are many options available, and an expecting mother may be happy to know that some of the best maternity clothes look like normal clothes, rather than the loose and baggy fit of some other options.
If you have had experience with any of these best maternity clothes, let us know about it! Likewise, if you know of any other best maternity clothes that aren't mentioned, let us know about those, too!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.