We know there are countless scooter brands and sorting through them all can be stressful, that’s why we put together a list of the best kids scooters available right now. We based our list on price, build quality, weight, ease of use, special features and user feedback.
Being active is one of the most crucial parts of your child’s development early in life. The last thing they need is to be in their room all day watching TV or playing video games. One great way you can get them active is giving them a way to get around the neighborhood in style, like – maybe – in one of these awesome kids’ scooters! If skateboards are too unsafe and bicycles are too complicated, a scooter is a perfect medium between the two offerings a safe and stable ride that only takes minutes for your kids to learn.
7. Micro Sprite Kick Scooter[amazon box=”B00C5DDUGG”]
Starting this list of the best kids scooters in this Sprite Kick Scooter by Micro. This is an excellent traditional scooter and a great starting point for a child not yet familiar with using a scooter.
This scooter is also great for a family with multiple kids because the 220-pound weight limit allows older kids or even the parents to use the scooter too. The wheels are made from Polyurethane, meaning they will give a smooth ride even on bumpy terrain. If you still aren’t sold: it comes already fully assembled.
- Holds up to 220 pounds
- Comes with a kickstand
- Durable and lightweight
- Smooth on bumpy ground
- Comes fully assembled
- A bit expensive
- Some users claim that the joint mechanism can be flimsy overtime
6. Razor A Kick Scooter[amazon box="B01EN6LTAQ"]
This safe 2-wheel scooter is a staple of the Razor brand. Its build quality is best in class with its frame being made from super lightweight Aircraft Grade Aluminum. This allows the scooter to be light and nimble without being weak or unreliable.
Another feature this scooter boasts is a patented rear fender brake for safe and instant stopping. The max weight supported is 143 pounds, so it's great for younger kids but not so much for teens.
- Made from Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Lightweight and durable
- Easily transportable
- Instant brake system ensures your child's safety
- Requires assembly
- Not the greatest on off-road terrain
5. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter[amazon box="B01EM4MJCG"]
This little inexpensive scooter is one of the best kids scooters you can purchase, as well as one of the best deals. The Razor Jr. Lil' Kick Scooter features a sturdy steel frame which some claim is "unbreakable", and it also offers a 3rd wheel in the back for added balance and stability.
Not to mention the T-Bar is padded to ensure an easy and comfortable grip. This scooter may only be available for kids up to 45 pounds, but in this price range you'll struggle to find a better scooter.
- Great balance and stability due to having 3 wheels
- Features a steel frame
- Weighs less than 7 pounds
- Padded T-Bar for a comfortable grip
- Only available for kids
- Some users claim back wheels can be in the way for smaller children
4. Mongoose Expo Scooter[amazon box="B00E95KE1M"]
For the kids that don't want to just ride a scooter but to do tricks and stunts with it, the Mongoose Expo Scooter is the one for you. What makes this scooter one of the best kids scooters is the variety of available features catering to more reckless riding.
It comes with a BMX style hand-operated brakes for quick stopping and with axle pegs on each wheel for performing stunts.
- Wide foot deck for increased stability
- Equipped with handbrakes
- Features Axle pegs for Tricks and Stunts
- Requires assembly
- A bit bulky
3. Fuzion X-3 Pro Scooter[amazon box="B073ZMV9KH"]
This pro scooter by Fusion is not only an excellent scooter for kids and inexperienced riders, but its large 4-inch deck and 220-pound weight limit make it a superb choice for older riders as well as more experienced stunt riders.
It has an 18-inch handlebar equipped for better control while riding and a custom brake system for quick and safe stopping. It doesn't come assembled but the assembly is simple and quick so there are no worries there.
- Assembly is quick and painless
- Includes fender brakes for quick stopping
- Great for Tricks
- The back wheel can loosen, but tightening is simple
- T-Bar is non-adjustable
2. Razor A2 Kick Scooter[amazon box="B0000UHU58"]
This super-affordable Razor scooter will give you all the features you need without breaking the bank. It's a very good looking scooter made out of an aluminum frame with shock-absorbent urethane wheels ensuring a comfy ride. It even features a wheelie bar for those who want to perform simple tricks.
- Features wheelie bar for Tricks and Stunts
- Very transportable
- Lightweight but durable
- Equipped with rear fender brakes
- The deck is not wide
- Not the best for off-road terrain
1. Globber 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter[amazon box="B01DF4764K"]
This 3 wheel scooter by Globber is one of the best kids scooters available for beginners because of the plethora of safety features added to prepare your child for a 2 wheel scooter. It has large stable front wheels as a steering lock system to simplify the riding process for your child. The handlebars are also adjustable and removable for easy traveling.
- Wide deck for great stability
- Very long rear brakes for quick stopping
- Adjustable handlebar
- Only for kids
- The scooter uses lean to steer mechanism so the handlebars don't turn as on traditional scooters
If you don't want your kid to sit in front of a TV all day being inactive, scooter riding is an outstanding hobby that is not only healthy but also fun. Be sure the check out the best kids scooters listed above, and leave feedback about your own experiences with these products.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.