One of the most important aspects of child rearing is making sure that your baby is safe and that includes what they eat, and what touches their mouths. While you may already have a great baby bottle for your little one, it’s very important to use the best dish soap for baby bottles to keep it clean and sanitary.
The American Academy of Pediatrics states that bacteria thriving in water or leftover breast milk poses a sizable health risk for your little one so it’s imperative to thoroughly clean and dry a baby bottle immediately after using it. But because of teh toxic chemicals in regular dish soap, a special formula for baby bottles is imperative.
To find the best dish soap for baby bottles, we settled on a set of criteria from which the list of ingredients couldn’t miss. But we also looked at the size of the containers and searched for certifications, so let’s see what we’ve got!
Our Top 7: Safest Dish Soaps for Baby Bottles
7. Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap – Baby
Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap is popular among new parents and approved by experts alike. It was examined by specialists in the field and met the highest standards possible for this type of soap, so you can rest assured that it is an excellent product.
This soap contains no dyes, perfumes, surfactants, fragrance phthalates, or antibacterial ingredients.
Dr. Bronner’s baby bottle washing soap is available in a variety of sizes, with the 32 ounces one being the seemingly most popular one.
- It was Vegan-certified by the Vegan Action and organic by the USDA National Organic Program.
- Safe to use even on sensitive skin.
- You can use it to wash the baby’s hair and skin too.
- Several customers complained about the smell and it’s being too powerful and/or almost chemical.
- Might be rough on the skin.
6. Ultra Palmolive® Pure + Clear® Concentrated Dish Liquid
While the company seems to have stopped producing its special Palmolive Baby Bottle, Toy & Dish Wash, Ultra Concentrated, the Ultra Palmolive® Pure + Clear® will help safely clean your baby’s bottle and leave it sparkling until you once again use it to feed your little one.
This soap contains biodegradable cleaning ingredients but skips any heavy fragrance. It is also phosphate-free, and hypoallergenic. Safe to use, the Ultra Pure + Clear shouldn’t leave any residues either.
Whether you pair it with a trusty bottle sterilizer or use it on its own, you know you’ve got a safe dish soap for baby bottles.
- Can clean bottles and food jars thoroughly and effortlessly.
- Hypoallergenic and gentle on the skin.
- Contains biodegradable ingredients.
- A small number of reviewers were bothered by its fragrance.
Don’t forget: we’ve talked about baby bottles before!
5. Dapple Baby Bottle and Dish Liquid Soap
It is interesting to note that this particular soap was developed by a group called “Dapple Moms” who were concerned about the products available on the market and targeted as being baby bottle cleaners. So they took action, formed a certified B Corporation and collaborated with scientists to develop an all-natural formula that could wash away all minerals from used baby bottles.
The result: one of the best dish soap for baby bottles options variants nowadays. Fragrance-free, this soap uses green technology to eliminate the milk film and odors common among incorrectly washed bottles. It is parabens and phtalates-free, and rinses of quickly.
In addition to baby bottles, this soap has been found to be equally effective in cleaning pacifiers, sippy cups, toddler dishes, and breast pump components.
|Dapple Baby Bottle & Dish Liquid 16.9 Oz (Pack of 2)||Check Price|
- Made in the USA by a Certified B Corporation (vowed to solve social and environmental issues while doing business).
- Free of SLS, phosphates, phthalates, artificial dyes and fragrances, or sulfates.
- Useful for cleaning a variety of baby and toddler gear and accessories.
- There are numerous reports of the product’s arriving damaged and/or leaking.
4. Earth Friendly Products’s Baby ECOS Free & Clear Disney Bottle & Dish Soap
The Baby ECOS Free & Clear Disney Bottle & Dish Soap has earned the Safer Choice label of the US Environmental Protection Agency and is also certified as being Vegan and Gluten-free. Also, it doesn’t contain any animal ingredients, nor is it tested on animals.
A family-owned business since 1967, Earth Friendly Products concentrated on making its Baby Bottle Dish Soap out of natural plant-based ingredients, non-toxic, biodegradable, and highly concentrated for fast cleaning.
This item is produced in the USA, and besides being among the best dish soap for baby bottles, it can also be used for cleaning teeathers, eating utensils, or baby toys.
No products found.
- Is based on a plant-derived formula that contains no formaldehyde or petrochemical surfactants.
- Can be used to clean utensils, toys, and other baby accessories too.
- It should ensure a fast, gentle, and concentrated clean.
- Some reviews mention they would have preferred it to sud a little more.
3. Babyganics Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap
This soap was specially developed to not only help clean a baby, but also safely and efficiently wash baby bottles.
The Babyganics Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap definitely fits on this best dish soap for baby bottles list, partly thanks to its ingredients. It is based on non-allergenic, plant-based ingredients and contains no phthalates, fragrances, dyes, sulfates or any other harmful component.
The Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap will also foam instantly, which translates to less hot water, less rinsing, and no residues. All in all, you can rest assured that your baby will not be subjected to any unwanted irritants that might have otherwise remained in the bottle in the form of residue.
This product has been tested and is recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians. Also, both the baby soap and the manufacturer’s other items are carefully tested for safety, accessibility, effectiveness, and sustainability.
- Completely free of phthalates, artificial fragrances, dyes, sulfates or other harmful ingredients.
- Comes with a pump attachment that makes it easy to use and more hygienic.
- It is non-irritating and safe to use on all bottles.
- The old formula contained methylisothiazolinone, so be careful when you order.
2. Berkley Green Baby Natural Non -Toxic Dish & Bottle Soap
The Berkley Green Baby Natural Non -Toxic Dish & Bottle Soap is touted as being “as pure as your love for your baby” since it doesn’t contain artificial fillers to thicken it and create the illusion that it is more concentrated than it really is (a common practice across the industry).
This baby bottle soap is also green and contains no harsh chemicals so it can safely used on everything that touches a baby’s mouth (sippy cups, bottle nipples, pacifiers, and breast pump attachments included). There is a scent-free version, but the scented versions are not overpowering and contain natural ingredients.
What’s more it cleans really well without leaving any residue on the dishes. It is also non-irritating as it has been parent- and pediatrician-tested to ensure it is safe for both babies and their mothers. The product is also biodegradable, biocompatible, vegan, cruelty-free, GMO-free, and gluten-free. It is a high quality dish soap for baby bottles that we were pleasantly impressed with.
|Berkley Green Baby Natural Non -Toxic Dish & Bottle Soap (liquid) Free...||Check Price|
- Non-toxic ingredients, no fillers
- Long lasting bottle
- Cleans very well and rinses off fast (leaves no stubborn residue behind)
- Gentle of skin
- Scent-free/ Scent not overpowering
- Contains SLS
1. Elysium Baby Premium Natural Baby Bottle Liquid Dish Soap
Elysium Eco World’s highly underrated premium baby bottle liquid dish soap has it all: it contains 100% natural ingredients, its scent is great, it leaves baby bottles squeaky clean with no persistent residue, is non-irritating and gentle on the skin, and quite fairly priced for what it has to offer.
The ingredient list is quite short and no-nonsense with ingredients even your great grandma would recognize back in her days: water, apple cider vinegar, glycerin, mint extract and grease-fighting materials from vegetable sources such as citrus peel extract, corn extract, pineapple extract, and coconut extract.
On top of that, if you interested in zero-waste, the dish soap’s bottle is 100% recyclable and all its ingredients are biodegradable and biocompatible. The product contains no harmful SLS, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, while being vegan-friendly, cruelty free, and antibacterial. All in all, this formula is a dream come true. The only downside is that there isn’t a larger bottle available.
- One of the very few genuinely natural dish soaps for baby bottles
- Cleans really well
- Great value for the price
- Leaves no residue behind, easy to rinse off
- Gentle on the skin
- No SLS and other toxic ingredients
- Peppermint scent a bit overpowering
All Ready to Play with the Soap Bubbles?
Every parent knows the importance of good nutrition, and you should never forget about keeping all your baby’s things clean and sanitary, especially the things they eat with.
Being sure that you choose the best dish soap for baby bottles is a first but important step towards keeping everything clean and the right product will keep everything free of leftover milk or residues.
Our list has hopefully proven helpful to you, but do tell us if you know any other great dish soaps for babies that haven’t made it to our list.
Editor's note: this post was first uploaded in October 2017 and has received multiple updates, including the most recent one in November 2019.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.