Diaper rash is a pervasive problem for most babies at some point in their lives, with endless headache and heartache for mothers. Rashes have multiple causes and about as many “cures”, with many diaper creams promising to eradicate the issue with first contact to the skin. We’re here with the ones that actually do!
Whether your baby is experiencing mild discomfort from some redness and itching, or you have full-blown open sores to deal with, it must be handled with care to ensure that a more serious infection does not develop. Looking for the best diaper cream amidst a sea of options can e quite the hassle; this article is written to take some of that research off your plate and provide you with best diaper cream options for your precious little one.
5. Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm
This all natural formula does not contain petroleum or zinc oxide, two components found in 90 percent of all other diaper rash creams. For those of us wanting only the best, natural products for our baby, this best diaper cream fits the bill.
Containing antibacterial and anti fungal herbs, it will help to treat existing rash and set up and environment that is resistant to future breakouts.
- Allergen free and all natural
- Great for sensitive skin
- Some consider it too expensive
- Smell might be too strong for some users
4. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment
This thick, protective ointment is easy to apply and painless to wipe off, and it provides your baby with an essential moisture barrier against harsh chemicals and excess moisture that can wreak havoc on skin.
Can also be used for skin issues as eczema, sunburn, chapped or dry skin, and cuts and scrapes. It is an all purpose tool for beautiful and pain-free skin.
- Multiple uses for this product
- Helps to promote skin healing
- Contains petroleum
- Some users report that it feels too greasy
3. Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
With a name that won’t soon be forgotten, the effects of this best diaper cream will be felt for a long time as well. This simple paste containing only six ingredients help to soothe baby’s skin without the potential for further irritation.
Developed by a father who happened to be a pharmacist, the rock solid cocktail of ingredients will help to promote healthy skin.
- Provides thick, protective barrier against moisture
- Developed by a pharmacist
- Contains petroleum
- Not suitable for cloth diapers
2. Cetaphil With Organic Calendula
A unique blend of zinc oxide, vitamins E and C and organic calendula combine to form a blissful cream that spreads over baby’s soft skin seamlessly. It contains no parabens, colors, or mineral oil, and it is guaranteed not to aggravate angry skin.
- Contains organic ingredients
- Contains sunflower oil, which may be a potential allergen
- Not very thick
1. Burt’s Bees Baby Diaper Rash Ointment
Burt’s Bees has truly made a name for itself in the organic body care industry, and this expertise flows seamlessly over into baby care products. A blend of zinc oxide and natural conditioners care for baby’s skin while providing a moisture barrier like no other.
- 100 percent natural ingredients
- Offers barrier protection and skin conditioners
- Contains beeswax and lanolin, which could be allergens for some babies
- Not a very thick formula
Why Do Babies Need Diaper Rash Cream?
Diaper rash is a skin irritation in the diaper area. Whether red irritation or bleeding and infection, a diaper rash cream can provide a protective barrier against harmful irritants and harsh conditions and provide healing time for broken and inflamed skin.
What Causes Diaper Rash?
There are a host of different triggers for diaper rash. Some of these irritants include:
– Excess moisture due to diapers not being changed often or promptly enough
– Chemical reactions from stool and urine that present themselves as irritants to skin
– Acidic diarrhea
– Certain food allergies
– Adverse reactions to laundry detergent
– Chemical reactions to diapers, clothing, or blankets with irritants present
Here’s The “Bottom” Line
While it may be a little time consuming to find the best diaper cream for your little one’s skin, it is an essential part of your baby’s protection against illness and infection. When you finally find one that works, you and baby are likely to experience a “rash” of relief that comes with knowing your skin sensitivities will be taken care of.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.