Board books are an essential item for any baby or toddler’s room. They can be held in book bins or on shelves, ready to be pulled down for a bedtime story or brought along on a family day trip.
Since reading to children when they are young is so important, knowing which board books are the best is crucial when stocking your baby’s shelves.
There have been many new releases this year that are flying off of the shelves and into eager young reader’s hands. The best board books of 2019 are both fun and educational for young readers.
7. Hug Me Little Bunny: Finger Puppet Book[amazon box=”1452175225″]
One of the more popular best board books this year is the Hug Me Little Bunny: Finger Puppet Book. This sweet story features an adorably huggable finger puppet making it a fast favorite for moms and children alike. The simple and touching story discusses all of the things a parent’s arms can do with their child. It is a heartwarming story for the whole family.
- Sweet story about parent’s love
- Huggable bunny finger puppet
- Interactive reading experience
- Finger puppet might become dirty or damaged
- Story might be repetitive for older readers
6. Good Night, Little Blue Truck[amazon box=”132885213X”]
Another one of the best board books from this year is Good Night, Little Blue Truck. This cute story about a truck and all of his friends saying goodnight is sure to become a bedtime favorite due to its lovable cast of characters and nighttime theme. Nothing will make your kids wind down for bed faster than this sweet and wonderfully illustrated tale.
- Great for bedtime
- Uses a storm to teach children to be brave
- Cute characters
- The storm might be scary for younger children or babies
5. Never Touch a Porcupine[amazon box=”1788439856″]
Many children and their parents are falling in love with the fun new book Never Touch a Porcupine. This book, one of best board books this year, is an animal themed touch and feel book which is perfect for babies and toddlers. They can explore the book with their hands, enriching the learning experience. They will also love the silly rhymes and the warnings about some of the animals in the book.
- Teaches children about different animals
- Offers a tactile experience
- Encourages play and learning
- May be too simple for more advanced readers
- Surfaces might get worn or dirty over time
4. I Thought I Saw a Bear![amazon box=” 1536205737″]
Another one of the best board books that everyone is currently loving is I Thought I Saw a Bear! This stylish, yet silly slider book is sure to please and tickle the fancy of readers of all ages. This story is like a game of hide and seek with children uses the sliders to find the characters throughout the book. The beautiful artwork enriches the story and makes the book a favorite for years to come.
- Similar to hide and seek
- Lovely illustrations
- Silly, yet fun for many ages
- Sliders may become damaged over time
- Might not be serious enough for older readers
3. Z Is for Zoo (Babylit)[amazon box=”1423652681″]
Yet another board book that cannot be missed is Z Is for Zoo (Babylit). This fun and engaging book teaches children about all of the animals in the zoo and the alphabet at the same time. While this book is simple, it is a great introduction to the ABC’s and children love learning about animals through the colorful pictures.
- A great introduction to the ABC’s
- Fun and colorful artwork
- Might be too simple for older readers
- Doesn’t feature an actual plot
2. I’m Feeling Outrageous Orange: A Halloween Book[amazon box=”1423652681″]
A sixth board book that is among the best new releases is I’m Feeling Outrageous Orange: A Halloween Book. This book, a Crayola feature and one of the best board books to come out this year, is a perfect book to read with your little one’s come September and October when Halloween is getting near. This story is laugh out loud funny, and the colorful drawing of round pumpkins and spooky witches are sure to get everyone in the Halloween spirit.
- Crayola is a trusted company
- Fun and engaging pictures
- Holiday themed
- Children might not be into the story during other times of the year
1. What Does Penguin Like? (Touch & Feel)[amazon box=”1534440194″]
The final board book that is a big hit this year is What Does Penguin Like? (Touch & Feel). This adorable touch and feel book is perfect for babies and early readers. With cute pictures and lots to see and touch, it is certain to become a favorite in your household. Readers can explore and learn all about what penguins like through this interactive book.
- Touch and feel is interactive
- Stimulates learning and questioning
- Adorable drawings
- Might be too simple for advanced readers
- Surfaces might get damaged over time
While these seven board books are great titles, there are even more out there for you and your children to read and love together. Books are a way to bond with your baby from a young age and foster the love of reading that will last your child a lifetime. Choosing high quality board books will benefit your baby or toddler for years to come and will create precious memories you both can cherish.