The best baby toys will make your child laugh, play, and grow. Children need different baby toys at different stages of their development. Baby toys should be selected based on their ease of use and durability.
You want to make sure that the toy will last for months or even years of play. Regardless of age, you should find toys that don’t contain small parts. This could be a choking hazard for them or a younger sibling.
The toys on this list have been selected and ranked for their simplicity, toughness, and safety. We’ll be focusing on the most impressive features of each toy and what users like about them. We’re also ranking based on their usability for multiple age groups, which offers a better value for your dollar.
7. Baby Einstein Magic Touch Piano
The Baby Einstein Magic Touch Piano is made of durable, non-toxic materials. It comes with “sheet music” that is easy for any child to follow. All they have to do is press the corresponding color key on the keyboard. This piano will grow with any child because they can progress from banging on the keys to following notes.
- The piano makes real piano sounds when you touch the keys
- Children can either follow the included “sheet music” or make up their own songs
- The piano can play songs by itself when you press the middle button
- The colors and shapes on the “sheet music” can fade quickly
- The middle button can sometimes get stuck and play a song on a loop
6. Sassy Stacks of Circles Stacking Ring STEM Learning Toy
Sassy Stacks of Circles has eight different rings. Each ring has different textures and colors, but they all have the same size middle hole. This makes it easy for kids to stack and re-stack. The rings are one of the best baby toys to help children develop sensory awareness, fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination.
- Different textured rings are good for teething
- The large size of the rod and rings reduce the risk of a choking hazard
- Each ring is numbered to teach children how to count
- Some users mention that the rings are difficult to stack
- Other users found that this stacking toy felt cheaply made
5. Fisher-Price Medical Kit
|Fisher-Price Medical Kit||Check Price|
The Fisher-Price Medical Kit helps children learn to care for themselves and others. All seven pieces come in the included bag. There is a stethoscope, thermometer, blood pressure cuff, syringe, otoscope, and bandage. This kit is one of the best baby toys for the budding doctor.
- The medical kit has realistic-looking play pieces
- It provides a gentle introduction to medicine and science
- Users like that it helps their kids feel like real doctors
- Some users feel that the medical kit is cheaply made. They were disappointed that the play stethoscope doesn’t let you listen to a real heartbeat
- Other users report that the bag was too small to hold all of the included toys
4. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
As kids progress from crawling to walking, sometimes they need a little help on the way. The Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker features interactive panels that babies can play with. When they get a bit older, you can fold out the walker. It’s easy for kids to grip and sized just right for little hands. We ranked this #4 on the list of best baby toys because of how well it grows with your child from babyhood to toddlerhood.
- Features an early learning center with piano keys, spinning rollers, light-up buttons, and more
- Over 70 songs and sound effects will provide hours of fun for any baby or toddler
- Users like that it is easy to control how loud the sound is on the songs and noises
- The included small “phone” is detachable and easy to lose
- One of the spin settings on the wheels can make the walker move too fast
3. Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys
|Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys||Check Price|
Mommies know that teething is hard. The Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys provide gentle relief for teething babies. There are multiple teething surfaces to stimulate baby’s delicate gums. One surface is soft and textured and the other is more rigid.
- PurICE technology keeps the teether cooler longer
- The teether comes in bright colors
- Designed to be easy to grip by small hands
- Some users note that their babies had difficulty with the teether because it seemed too big
- The different “keys” on the teether do not separate from the key ring to be used as individual teethers
2. Melissa & Doug Wooden Jumbo Stacking Train
|Melissa & Doug Jumbo Stacking Train - Natural||Check Price|
This super-cute train encourages imagination and learning. Children can discover how the different pieces connect together. We ranked this toy #2 on our list because of its solid wooden construction and the creative train design.
- The assembled train is over two feet long and fun to pull
- Made of non-toxic materials
- Encourages screen-free and active playtime
- No small parts
- A little on the heavy side
- Somewhat limited play options: there are only so many ways the blocks stack together
1. Play-Doh Modeling Compound
Play-Doh has been a classic of children’s playtime since the 1950s. We ranked this #1 on our list of the best baby toys because it’s so simple to use but inspires endless imagination. It comes in plenty of colors to mix and match.
- Easy to roll, mold, scoop, and shape
- Comes in recyclable packaging for a more sustainable world
- Fun for all ages
- Play-Doh contains wheat, so this might not be good for kids or parents with wheat allergies
- Play-Doh can dry out if it’s left out of the can too long
Wrapping Things Up
We’ve looked at the best baby toys this year. Share with us what you think of your own favorite baby toys. What are your thoughts and experiences with these products? Do you have alternatives you think we’ve missed? Let us know!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.