Here is our review of the best baby swim diapers today. The top 5 were selected in terms of availability, price, quality of protection, and buyers’ reviews.
Babies are naturally curious, energetic, and adventurous. A trip to the beach, or even a simple afternoon at the pool, is an adventure in the mind of a baby. It is a plethora of stimuli: lots of water to splash around, sandcastles, cool noises, the works. The only thing not to love is a swim diaper that gives your baby a rash. So check out the list and forget about that unpleasantness!
1. Huggies Swimmers[amazon box=”B001O8MIRU”]
One of the most popular brands in the market, Huggies offers some of the best baby swim diapers. The Huggies brand, which branched out in 1978 was once known as the top competitor of the Pampers brand, which originated in 1961. Part of the reason for the so-called rivalry is that Pampers has been known for being a top quality, but pricey brand in comparison to Huggies. As such, Huggies offers a more affordable version of the same product.
Reviews on this diaper make them definitely one of the best baby swim diapers, with 4.5 out of 5 stars and over 300 reviews. Customers appreciate the fit, the resistance to water, the price, and the wide availability of the product as some of the most important variables to consider.
- Little Swimmers come in all sizes and can adjust to the baby’s body.
- The diapers will not swell in water.
- Best-selling brand on Amazon.
- Various designs available, such as Pixar characters.
- Some parents reported occasional leakage.
- The sizing might be a bit off.
2. Pampers Splashers[amazon box=”B01KR6QHFI”]
Pampers, the number one-selling diaper brand in the US, graces the shelves of most every retail chain all over the world with their take on best baby swim diapers. The aptly-named “Splashers” are pull-up-style, disposable diaper with tear away sides and double leg cuffs. Like its rival, “Little Swimmers” by Huggies, Pampers’s “Splashers” come lined with a waterproof, backsheet film. It protects against leaks, especially those that occur through the back of the diaper.
Pamper Splashers come in sizes 3-4, 5 and 6. A medium-sized baby weighing about 24 pounds can benefit from the size 5, while larger babies can upgrade to a size 6. They are designed for babies and toddlers that like to go in the water but are not yet potty trained. Some buyers have erroneously tried using Splashers as substitute diapers, but they are not designed to be used that way. They are also only for water use. High reviews on Amazon show that Splashers still rank high up in the best baby swim diapers’ top tier and it is a top competitive brand.
- Pampers only uses high-quality liners and fibers for their products.
- The absorbent material doesn’t swell up.
- Available in various sizes.
- Fun design that is ideal for both baby girls and boys.
- More expensive than other similar products.
- Some parents reported issues with the sizing of the diapers.
- May cause rashed for sensitive babies.
3. Babygoal Reuseable Washable Adjustable Swim Diapers[amazon box=”B06W5VR32F”]
In the race for winners of best baby swim diapers, in come a representative of the “reusable, washable” category. The Babygoal brand is innovative, progressive, and modern. It has great designs, such as the “Letter” pattern, for its diapers and makes baby diaper look ultra-cool. Made with interior and exterior waterproof polyester mesh and layer, it offers comfort and protection at the same time. It has elastic at the waist, soft lycra binders, and elastic leg openings. It comes on and off swiftly.
The Babygoal reusables come in a small size that fits a 10-18 pound baby. The medium size fits an 18-30 pound baby, while the large size fits a 30-40 pound baby. It is recommended that the wash temperatures are less than 86 degrees so that the polyester composite does not delaminate.
According to reviews, Babygoals are a very convenient choice for swimming, and that they are also one of the best baby swim diaper brands in the market right now. Still, other buyers are not too keen on the idea of having to wash and reuse because the pants will eventually wear out if used on a daily basis and for a long period of time. It all really depends on what usage you want for them.
- Reusable and washable, ideal for multiple uses.
- Waterproof mesh and layer protect against leakage.
- Unique design for both girls and boys.
- The pants will wear out after repeated washes.
- Some parents complained about the return policy of Babygoal.
Recommended Read: The Best Overnight Diapers
4. Alvababy Swim Diaper[amazon box=”B00N2E1UF0″]
The Alvababy Swim Diaper is currently Amazon.com’s pick for the best baby swim diaper. This is perhaps because of its much cheaper price. The product can be purchased at the site as well as through Amazon and Wantitall. It is made of polyester PUL outer layer to hold both liquid and solid waste in small babies. The interior is made of polyester for a soft fit. It is adjustable, has elastics in its waist and legs, and its design is thin and trim.
The Alvababy swim diaper comes in small, medium and large. It holds a baby as small as 10 pounds, while the medium fits a baby about 18-30 pounds. A large diaper would support a baby weighing 30 to 40 pounds. The price of the Alvababy unit is competitive, compared to brands in the same category.
Buyers like them because they are machine washable and dryable as well as BPA free, latex free, lead-free and phthalate free, which prevents allergies and skin sensitivities. Always remember that a swim diaper, even the best baby swim diaper out there, is not able to substitute a typical diaper.
- Very affordable compared to similar items.
- The design is thin, with elastic at the waist and legs for support and safety.
- Machine washable and dryable, BPA-free.
- The snaps down the front can irritate the baby’s skin.
- Sizing may be off, parents reported that the diapers run smaller than expected.
5. iPlay Reusable Snap Diaper[amazon box=”B01DYQFJFW”]
The eco-friendly iPlay baby swim diaper is a one-size swim diaper that features snaps that adjust around the waist and belly areas. This allows for them to be adjustable enough and expand.
The iPlay baby swim diapers are adjustable and offer up to three different sizes in one same pair. The sizes are just like pant sizes for children, ranging from 3-6 months to a full, 4T. The pants feature lightweight materials, such as knitted polyester shell and swim diaper lining. It also has easy-lock snaps and there is no need to use a diaper underneath it. These are it.
Reviewers say that this choice of baby swim diaper is trim, easy to use, fits snuggly and it really helps contain any “accidental” leakage. It is approved for use in public pools and it is environmentally-friendly! The iPlay diapers are reusable which makes them more economical in the long run. The product has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon at more than 1,500 positive reviews.
- Eco-friendly and easy to dispose of.
- Successfully contains leakage.
- Adjustable size, ideal for babies from 3 months old on.
- Some parents didn’t like the look caused by the buttons on the side of the diaper.
- Not very fun design (only solid colors available).
Baby swim diapers are made of 100% waterproof polyester, some of them with a nylon mesh interior to protect the baby’s skin. They are all safe and easy to use. Most of them prove to be a good buy that can last a long time without having to spend too much money. Share with us your own preference for best baby swim diapers and tell us what makes them so special. We look forward to hearing about your choices. Babies deserve to have fun, too!
Editor's note: This post was first uploaded in September 2018 and has received multiple updates, including the most recent one in July 2019.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.