When it comes to our children, safety should always be the number 1 priority. They are new to our world and still sensitive to a lot of things, but they can’t take care of themselves. That part is up to us. We feed them, clothe them and wipe their booty but there’s one thing some parents overlook: clipping your baby’s nails.
Clipping your baby or toddler’s nails is a very important part of their hygiene as they can easily scratch and injure their eyes or face in general with longer nails. You can begin clipping your child’s nails from their first month alive. It’s recommended to clip them about twice a week during their infancy, as their nails will be growing rapidly during this time.
You can’t just use any nail clippers thought – the nail clippers meant for adults aren’t safe to use on your child’s delicate fingertips. But which pair of nail clippers are the best baby nail clippers? That’s what we’re here for – but we won’t dive into the list just yet. First, you need to understand what exactly baby clippers are.
7. Little Martin’s Drawer Electronic Baby Nail Clippers[amazon box=”B01IC6RD4O”]
This is one of the best electric baby clippers on the market because of how safe and versatile of a tool it is. It is powered by two AA batteries and comes with an LED front light, a super quiet motor and three attachments for adults so you can make nail cutting a family activity. It’s a very simple system that works at the push of a button.
- Gentle on a child’s skin
- Safer than traditional clippers
- Extremely quiet
- Is considerably more expensive than traditional options
- Headpiece wears out quickly
6. Safety 1st Steady Grip Clipper[amazon box=”B004ZLZG2M”]
This product is a simple, straight forward nail clipper with a curved edge, ensuring your baby’s fingertips. Its handle is very large and soft to the touch, making it easy to grip and comfortable to hold while cutting your baby’s nails.
- Comfortable in the hand
- Works on babies and toddlers
- Very inexpensive
- Some report blades to be not as sharp as desired
5. Rhoost Nail Clipper for Baby[amazon box=”B017GCNSAI”]
This nail clipper is another very simple, very functional baby clipper. This doesn’t have all the newest features, but if you’re looking for a baby clipper that just clips nails for an affordable price, look no further.
- Comfortable in the hand
- Is affordable
- Works on babies and older children as well
- Lack of special features like LED lights or magnifying glass
- Is for babies, but not toddlers and newborns
4. FridaBaby NailFrida[amazon box=”B01644OCVS”]
This product deliberately tries to set itself apart from its competition by adding features like a spy-hole to see exactly where you’re cutting, and by having the cutting mechanism by side to side instead of up and down like other traditional clippers. These unique features make it one of the best baby nail clippers you can find.
- Cuts side to side
- Nail File included
- Easy to use
- Works on toddlers as well
- No LED light
- Some owners have claimed the blades were too thick to get under their child’s nail.
3. Simba Safety Scissors[amazon box=”B0050W627S”]
Accidental injury is almost impossible with these safety scissors, they come with tiny rounded blades made from stainless steel. This is a great choice for toddlers that need their nails clipped but have very tiny fingers.
- Includes protective guards for blades
- Rounded tips for safe cutting
- Not extremely durable
- Only for infants
2. The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper[amazon box=”B000V88HJM”]
This Red Cross approved nail clipper boasts a comfy design and use 4x magnifying glass to get up close and personal with your baby’s nails. The company that created this product has been in business since 1949, so they must be doing something right.
- Can be used on babies and adults
- Comfortable in the hand
- No LED light included
1. Baby Comfy Care Safety Nail Clipper[amazon box=”B01LYQV1CC”]
This nail clipper specializes in safety as this product comes with a safety guard, ensuring that your child not be injured. It also uses a single blade mechanism, making it easier to control.
- Safety guard protects baby’s skin
- Bright colors mean it’s easy to spot
- Only for toddlers
Baby Clippers Vs. Regular Clippers
The concept of both clippers are the same – cut fingernails, but baby clippers vary from your standard clippers in a few ways:
– Handles: The handle of the clippers are made larger so the parent has a firm grasp on the tool, and may be rubberized as well to add on to the grip. This is to make sure you are in complete control and not accidentally cutting too far into the nail, resulting in injury.
– Clipper Size: The head of baby clippers is about half the size of an adult pair, accommodating a baby’s smaller fingers.
– Special Features: Most adult clippers are the same with very little variation or special features. On the other hand, some of the best baby nail clippers come equipped with lights and magnifiers to give you a better view of your child’s nail.
Different Types of Baby Nail Clippers
– Standard: This is your regular everyday nail clipper with a lever to control the cutter
– Electric Nail Trimmer: These battery-operated clippers are a good choice if your child has sensitive fingers or just prefer to automate the process instead of manually cutting it yourself.
– Nail Scissors: This type of baby clipper resembles a pair of scissors, but the tip is designed to cut baby nails and not paper.
Our children mean the world to us, so let’s take of them the best we can. Be sure to check out all the best baby nail clippers listed above and to leave any feedback or experiences you have had with any of these products.