There are so many different types of baby lotions available that it can be somewhat overwhelming for parents to choose the best one for their baby. Key factors to consider when choosing the best baby lotions include: price, scent, ingredients, texture, and your baby’s particular skin needs.
Baby lotions are specially formulated for children’s delicate skin and can play an important role in the overall health of your baby’s skin. Below are thorough reviews of seven different best baby lotions and contain useful information that can help differentiate between the many available choices. These reviews contain information taken from user reviews, official product details, and lists of pros and cons.
7. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion[amazon box=”B0030UF6EW”]
Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal and glycerin to protect and soothe baby’s skin. It is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand of best baby lotions. All of the ingredients are known to hydrate skin and lock in moisture without containing parabens or dyes.
- Non greasy formula
- Known to soothe eczema
- Gentle enough for everyday use
- Can have a waxy texture
- Hard to get all the lotion out of the bottle
- Does not absorb
6. Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion[amazon box=”B00OKJGLI2″]
Cetaphil is known for producing high quality skin care products, including Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion. It contains organic calendula, sweet almond oil, and sunflower oil to moisturize and nourish baby’s skin. This lotion is a good choice for parents who prefer natural ingredients as it does not contain parabens, mineral oil, or colorants.
- Sweet and mild scent
- Dermatologist tested to be Hypoallergenic
- Good for sensitive skin
- Consistency is too thin and watery
- Too harsh for some sensitive skin
- Smells like perfume
5. Burt’s Bees Baby Nourishing Lotion[amazon box=”B007FE8998″]
Burt’s Bees Baby Nourishing Lotion is formulated with 99% natural ingredients including shea butter, sunflower seed oil, buttermilk, beeswax, and aloe vera. It is highly moisturizing and absorbs quickly.
- Light honey scent
- Keeps skin soft and smooths dry patches
- Does not irritate skin
- Scent is medicinal and unpleasant
- Ingredient list is too long
- Can cause rashes
4. CeraVe Baby Lotion[amazon box=”B00JF3RYPM”]
CeraVe baby moisturizing lotion was developed with dermatologists and contains a patented formula with essential ceramides to protect and restore delicate baby skin. This powerful lotion has the National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance to help treat sensitive skin conditions.
- Good for eczema
- Absorbs well
- Fragrance free
- Does not moisturize at all
- Contains dimethicone
- Watery texture
3. Noodle & Boo[amazon box=”B000QU75H0″]
Noodle & Boo Super Soft Moisturizing Lotion for Daily Baby Care is one of the best baby lotions and offers a full line of luxury skin care. This silky lotion is made in the USA and contains natural ingredients that is never tested on animals.
- Beautiful packaging
- Softens skin
- Smells great
- Not any better than any other lotion
- Leaves skin dry
2. Puracy Organic Baby Lotion[amazon box=”B00L9JBJBK”]
This organic baby lotion has been recognized by several media outlets as one of the best baby lotions. Puracy is dedicated to making products in the USA that are non-toxic, plant based, and biodegradable; the company also offers a no risk guarantee to customers.
- Great lavender and grapefruit scent
- Simple ingredients that moisturize effectively for all skin types
- Does not absorb into skin
- Very strong smell
- Nothing special about this lotion
1. Babyganics Moisturizing Daily Lotion[amazon box=”B00ZQQM3EO”]
This non allergenic formula is safe for daily use and contains plant based ingredients such as avocado and olive oils, shea butter, aloe, and an exclusive NeoNourish seed oil blend. It is also fragrance free.
- Super absorbing
- Consistently moisturizes and hydrates skin
- Clean ingredients
- Unpleasant smell
- Not gentle on sensitive skin
- Lotion does not help dry skin
There are so many excellent baby lotions that parents have a lot of great choices. One common denominator among the best baby lotions is the presence of natural ingredients that have been proven to heal and protect delicate skin. Consumers are very aware of ingredients and will likely avoid parabens, petroleum, artificial fragrances, and synthetic colors.
Parents are looking for baby lotions that cause minimal harm to the environment and provide nourishment to their children. Please feel free to share your thoughts and observations about the best baby lotions listed above and add some additional suggestions.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.