Hello proud parents! You’re likely in the throes of feeding, diaper changes, and nap schedules. But it is certain that you are giving some thought to feeding your precious little one the highest quality food possible. The problem is, how do you possibly do the research needed to find products like this when Junior is taking up so much of your time?
Whether you are choosing to go organic or stick with some tried and true brands, we’ve done some of the nitty gritty searching for you – the following information is intended to make your search for high quality food a bit easier; feel free to try the entire list before settling on your favorite, or use a combination of foods to promote optimal nutrition for baby. You know your baby best: see how these nutritious foods can seamlessly introduce your baby to nature’s bounty:
10. Earth’s Best Rice Cereal
A leader in the baby food industry for more than 30 years, Earth’s Best brand has a commitment to taste and quality that run unparalleled. Known as some of the best baby food on the market, it delivers superior taste and nutrition with every bite.
All-natural ingredients contained in this cereal support baby’s growing body and strengthen the immune system. Containing no dyes, preservatives, or unnatural flavors, this certified organic, non-GMO cereal is easy for baby to digest and pleasant to the taste, providing optimal nutrition at a great value.
- No artificial flavors or colors
- Non-GMO certified, organic
- Comes in a variety of flavors
- Some flavors contain ascorbic acid and citric acid as preservatives
- Some flavors are not labeled non-GMO; buyer would have to be discriminating when purchasing
9. Gerber Organic Single-Grain Oatmeal
Gerber is, hands down, the most recognized and celebrated name in the baby food industry. They produce both organic and non-organic versions of quality baby food products that are delicious and nutritious.
This cereal, in particular, is one of their crowning achievements. Fortified with additional vitamins and minerals that your baby needs, it provides maximum nutritional punch with a delicious flavor. This smooth formula mixes well with a bottle for extra oomph, and it can also be blended into other baby foods for additional fiber.
- Comes in a variety of delicious flavors
- Pleasing texture makes it a great transition food for children
- Not all varieties are gluten free
- Iron content in the cereal may present constipation issues
8. Happy Baby Probiotic Organic Baby Cereal
This delicious oatmeal based cereal is rich in iron and choline, two minerals that are essential for your baby’s eye health. Happy Baby works closely with pediatricians to ensure that their products align with nutritional needs.
Your baby will be full and satisfied, not to mention healthy as a result of your incorporating Happy Baby into their nutrition plan.
- Mom-owned company is committed to creating quality products
- Addition of probiotics promotes good digestive health
- Product settling makes it difficult to mix thoroughly with liquid at times
- Due to the fact that it does not contain preservatives, may not have a long shelf life
7. Plum Organics Baby Bowls
|Plum Organics Baby Stage 2 Bowl, Organic Baby Food, Pear, Sweet Potato...||Check Price|
If baby has a taste for some more flavorful fare, begin incorporating fruits and veggies into their day with the Plum Organics baby bowls.
Bold flavors like pumpkin, papaya, banana, cardamom, mango, carrot, turmeric, beet, apple, strawberry and chia tickle the tastebuds and provide valuable vitamin and mineral nutrition for growing bodies. Even Mom’s sophisticated palette will enjoy the leftovers, provided there are any!
- Comes in a variety of delicious flavors
- Smooth purees make it easy to eat and digest
- Contain added vitamin C (citric acid) as mild preservatives
- Can be considered expensive by some at 1.25 per pouch
6. Pure Spoon Organic Baby Food
This garden variety pack of nutritious and delicious food is perfect for the baby who is becoming more savvy with a spoon. Puree blends are made from 100 percent organic ingredients and cold pressed to preserve nutritional value.
Larger containers are ideal for multiple meals, and the convenient packaging make it ideal for moms and babes on the go.
- Handmade from fresh, never frozen ingredients
- Cold-pressed production process retains nutrients
- Must be refrigerated at all times
- Can be considered too expensive for some families
5. Earth’s Best Baby Food
|Earth's Best Organic Stage 1 Baby Food, My First Veggies Variety Pack,...||Check Price|
True to form, Earth’s Best brand delivers on the baby food as well. With no artificial colors, flavors, or dyes, the enticing blends of fruit and veggie are known to entice even the pickiest eaters.
With kosher and vegan options, Earth’s Best has become the gold standard for those wanting to provide the best baby food for their babies.
- Certified non-GMO, organic
- Variety of delicious flavors
- Product can settle upon shipping; check for consistency
- Glass jars make transport a bit more precarious
4. Stonyfield’s Yobaby Organic Whole Milk Yogurt
Babies can begin eating yogurt as young as 6 months of age; yogurt is rich in probiotics, calcium and vitamin D–all are excellent building blocks for healthy bones, teeth, and a regulated digestive system.
Coming in an array of delicious flavors, it will fast become a favorite for your baby that delivers amazing taste and premium nutrition all in one package.
- Contains a full serving of fruit in each container
- Beneficial probiotics promote good digestive health
- Contains added sugar for flavor
- Volume does not necessarily meet expectations
3. Ella’s Kitchen
Need a best baby food that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian for your baby? It sounds almost impossible to deliver on such a request, but Ella’s kitchen does the job.
The attractive and convenient packaging is non-toxic and BPA free; the whopping 38 flavor combinations are bound to appeal to even the most discriminating young palette.
Started by a dad who had a passion for creating the best for his daughter, Ella’s stands on quality and superior nutrition, two core principles that drive the production of their excellent products even today.
- 100% certified organic
- Variety of flavors
- Multiple stages for feeding all ages
- Cannot be found at all stores
- Short shelf life due to lack of preservatives
2. Amara Organic Baby Food
Amara is unique to the baby food market because it is not necessarily ready to eat. It is meant to be blended with water, formula, and even your own breast milk.
With a cold, high-pressure processing technique, Amara locks in all of nature’s goodness while providing maximum nutritional benefits in every one of their blends.
As an added bonus, these freeze dried pouches can be added to salads, smoothies, and other more grown up fare for older children and even adults.
- Perfect for traveling because it’s freeze dried
- Cold pressure freeze drying process locks in maximum nutrition
- Does have to be mixed with warm liquid to reconstitute
- Pouches are a little small for hungry kiddos
1. Baby Mum Mum Rice Husks
|Hot-Kid Baby Mum-Mum Rice Rusks, Organic Original, 24 pieces, (Pack of...||Check Price|
If you have a teething baby on your hands, you’re likely to know the value of a good snack that is helpful for cutting teeth.
These gluten-free, non-GMO snacks are perfect for hungry teething babies; baked with no added fats, oils, or salt, they come in an array of delicious flavors that dissolve easily, leaving little mess behind.
- Lightweight, perfect for on-the-go snacks
- Delicious flavors; easy to eat
- Can get a little messy with small fingers
- Crackers can sometimes stick to the roof of baby’s mouth
Feeding baby does not have to be a stressful event; with this delicious array of samplings from some favorite quality baby food companies, you are sure to find the best baby food, food that both you and your precious little one are comfortable with. Bon Appetit!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.