Are you an expectant parent or ready to switch your little one’s food to something healthy and exciting? We’re here to help you find the best baby food maker both you and baby will love! We’ve scoured Amazon for the seven best baby food brands and ranked them based on taste, nutritional value, and user reviews.
We’ll dig into each brand and tell you what makes it stand out from other baby food. Then, we’ll offer a list of pros and cons so you can decide what’s best for your child. We take the guesswork out of mealtimes!
7. Happy Baby[amazon box=”B07CTTMMJG”]
Happy Baby Organic food is simply made with carefully chosen blends of fruits and veggies to please a young palette. Babies of all ages will love the expertly crafted recipes and parents can feel good because there’s no added sugar.
But perhaps the best part isn’t the food itself – it’s the clear pouch packaging so you can see exactly what you’re giving your baby. A few users have complained that they were sent expired pouches, so check all dates before giving product to baby.
- Excellent source of iron and protein.
- Delicious taste.
- Able to be bought in bulk.
- Comparable to fruits and veggies you puree yourself, but without the work.
- Some consumers have complained of tart flavor in strawberry banana pouch.
- Packages have been contaminated during shipping in a few cases.
6. Gerber[amazon box=”B07L9ZWPNC”]
For years, Gerber has been a trusted household name in baby food brands. So, it should come as no surprise Gerber made the list with its Clean Field Farming practice, so you know every bite is wholesome and nutritious. Namely, the food is made without GMOs and the packaging contains no BPAs.
Also, the variety pack comes with several different flavors, so baby will never get bored! But what’s the best part? The food is unsalted, unsweetened, and there are no artificial flavors, colors, or starches.
- Great way to introduce different fruits and vegetables.
- Delicious taste.
- Good, long shelf life.
- Inadequate packaging that is prone to tearing and crushing.
- Some customers find the flavor to be “watered down.”
5. Mama Bear[amazon box=”B0738XX2W5″]
Mama Bear is Amazon’s brand. It has 4.5 stars and the best baby food maker (or one of them) because of its quality. It’s USDA Organic, kosher, has non-GMO ingredients, and is gluten free. The only thing better is the rigorous safety and quality standards by which it’s made.
Also, it’s a U.S.A. product with mostly U.S. ingredients. Further, it’s one of the only brands to have a Satisfaction Guarantee where you may receive a refund for up to a year after the product is purchased if you’re unhappy for any reason.
- Some reviewers say these taste the same as or better than top brands.
- Durable pouches that can withstand being on the go.
- Picky eaters tend to like them.
- Ink on pouch may run, according to a few reviews.
- May be inconsistent in flavor.
4. Sprout[amazon box=”B07H5TBW7B”]
Sprout is another best baby food maker around. They have many varieties to choose from, including fruit and veggie and fruit and grain. No matter what you choose, all the ingredients are clean, USDA Certified Organic and non-GMO. They contain no additives, fillers, preservatives, or concentrates either.
Additionally, they have more vegetables leading flavors than any other brand of baby food. Sprout’s commitment is that all their food products are only made from the safest ingredients. They even offer the protein forward bone broth blend.
- Introduces meat protein into baby’s system.
- The grain helps baby become accustomed to different textures.
- Creative food combinations.
- Some reviewers complained of a sour taste.
- Some reviewers found the food to be too “liquidy.”
3. First Choice[amazon box=”B07MZ9SG93″]
First Choice is a best baby food maker because they care about creating products that are perfect for baby’s age and stage. Their food is organic, kosher, and great for picky eaters.
Also, each flavor is super tasty and great way to introduce healthy foods to baby, especially on the go. Some packs even contain oatmeal to give them omega-3 and fiber. They are a great value, too!
- Super convenient with no mess or preparation.
- Oatmeal option makes them more filling.
- More affordable than most organic brands.
- Some users received expired food.
- Half the package contains oatmeal, so if your baby doesn’t like the oatmeal you may waste half.
2. Plum Organic[amazon box=”B00PDN097S”]
Plum’s brand is organic and made with non-GMOs, contains fiber, and has baby-friendly blends that are delicious. The packets are the perfect way to introduce new foods like purple carrot.
No matter which Plum Organic product you feed baby – whether it’s Spinach and Pea or Banana and Pumpkin – you can rest assured knowing your baby is eating a wholesome meal that is unsalted,
unsweetened, and kosher. Also, Plum cares about the planet and sustainability.
So, they use non-BPA pouches instead of glass jars. Plus, the pouches are resealable, so if want to save some for later, you simply cap it and refrigerate it then recycle the cap when you’re done!
- Ingredients are safely and responsibly sourced.
- Plum packaging prevents food waste.
- Blends are gently cooked so they’re fully nutritional.
- Some customers received expired products.
- Some reviewers complained of sour taste.
1. Ella’s Kitchen[amazon box=”B00MRZ7JF0″]
Ella’s Kitchen is a best baby food maker because their mission is to create healthy eaters. All the food is USDA-Certified Organic, kosher, and there are no GMOs, thickeners, preservatives, gluten, additives, lumps or bits, added water, wheat, or anything artificial.
Parents love them because they’re also convenient and can be slurped down by baby without needing a spoon! They are also great mixed with rice cereal for even more fun!
- Offers a wide range of flavors including spaghetti with meat sauce.
- Promises to be as good as homemade.
- Clear nutritional label so you know what you’re feeding baby.
- Some said food was acidic.
- A few consumers have had issues with mold on product.
Any of the above best baby food maker brands would be an excellent choice and source of nutrition that you could feel good about giving your baby. In fact, since all are organic and made from the purest ingredients, you can’t go wrong! If you have used any of the above, we’d love to hear your experience!
Let us know what you think or recommend your favorite brands. We’d love to hear from you!
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.