When it comes to washing baby clothes, it is very important to use products that are appropriate for their skin type. Unlike adults, baby skin is extremely thin and can be sensitive to harsh chemicals. For this reason, companies offer more gentle detergent options for washing baby clothes. There are several types of detergent that rank the best baby detergent available on the market today.
1. Pigeon Laundry Detergent
This detergent offered by Pigeon weighs 1.5lbs and is one of the most gentle products available on the market. Whether you are looking for a liquid or powder detergent, Pigeon is a reliable option. This is the best baby detergent for lifting stubborn stains that is both safe and gentle on skin.
- This detergent is safe for all clothing types and colors.
- Parents state that this is a reliable option for removing stains, especially in dirty diapers.
- One mom says that the product does not cause any allergic reaction in her child and that it works well.
- Although the product does seem to be extremely effective, it is not able to be purchased locally, which can be a negative trait.
- This product is not made in the USA.
2. Babyganics Baby Laundry Detergent
|Babyganics Baby Laundry Detergent - Lavender - 60 oz||Check Price|
This laundry detergent is created by Babyganics and comes in a 60-ounce container, which weighs 4.5-pounds. Babyganics laundry detergent is the best baby detergent for sensitive skin.
This product is specially formulated with your little one's sensitive skin in mind as it is hypoallergenic and is dioxane and sulfate free.
The Baybganics is gentle on your baby's skin and an effective solution for the entire family. This is the best detergent for baby clothes for newborns and growing infants.
- Parents say that this product is great for babies with sensitive skin.
- The scent left on the laundry is light and refreshing.
- This detergent is safe for all clothing types and colors.
- Another mom says that this product is the best baby detergent for removing stains.
- One mother was highly disappointed that this detergent contains sodium borate and anhydrous.
- One mom was pleased with how the product worked but was disappointed with the expensive cost.
3. All Baby Laundry Detergent
This laundry detergent is created by Sun Products brand and comes in a 94.5-ounce container.
All provides the best baby laundry detergent with stain lifting technology.
This product is gentle on your baby's skin and contains no harmful dyes. It works exceptionally well and cat get rid of even the toughest set in stains. This detergent is safe for all clothing types and colors and is specially formulated to be gentle on your baby's skin for all day use.
- One mom is extremely pleased with the smell.
- Parents like that this product is as powerful as Dreft for a fraction of the cost.
- Moms love that this product is sold at numerous stores in their area.
- Although the smell is great, it is not too strong once the clothes come out of the dryer.
4. GreenShield Organic USDA Certified Organic Baby Laundry Detergent
This 100-ounce baby detergent is created by GreenShield Organic and safe for all types and colors of clothing. GreenShield brand offers its own USDA-certified organic baby laundry detergent.
This is one of the best baby detergents available on the market offering an organic approach for tackling tough set-in stains. It is tough on stains while being non-toxic and safe for HE or normal washing machines.
This hypoallergenic approach is soft on baby's sensitive skin and gentle on clothing. Also, it is non-volatile and safe for pets, people, and the planet due to its all-natural organic ingredients.
Not only does this product work to protect your colors, but it leaves the laundry smelling fresh after every wash.
- Works well on gently used clothing.
- Made with organic ingredients.
- Parents liked that this product works well for babies with sensitive skin.
- Some parents find that this product doesn't work that well for removing stains.
- One mom was disappointed that the liquid was extremely thick and did not create suds.
- The fact that it doesn't have a fragrance also disappointed some buyers.
5. Seventh Generation Natural Baby Laundry Detergent
This baby detergent by Seventh Generation comes in a 40-ounce container. It is the best laundry detergent for babies due to its 4X concentrated formula.
This product is gentle on the baby's skin, but it packs a punch in removing stains from clothing and is safe to use for all colors and types of clothing. Whether you are washing soiled diapers or trying to get spilled food out of a onesie, this product has the power to leave the fabric looking like new.
The detergent is lightly scented with all-natural essential oils and botanical extracts and nothing synthetic. It is certified by the USDA as a 95-percent biobased product, making it the best baby detergent available from Seventh Generation.
- One mom found that the geranium in this product works well as a tick deterrent.
- Another parent found that this product worked well for removing difficult stains from blueberries.
- One parent considers that this detergent is better and faster at cleaning baby clothes than other products currently on the market.
- One parent was upset that this product contains methylisothiazolinone and benzisothiazolinone.
- The smell is not too pleasant, according to some parents.
If you are searching for the best baby detergent currently available on the market, then this list is sure to have the right product for you. Whether you have a newborn or an active baby, this list has you covered. These products work hard to lift stains while leaving your clothes feeling soft and fresh.
Editor's note: this post was first uploaded in May 2017 and has received multiple updates, including the most recent one in July 2019.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.