Although there are different types of cozy swings and baby seats today, infants still prefer nothing more than your arms as the parent. They would like you to cradle them all the time and to feel close to you. However, always carrying your loved baby isn’t a workable plan especially with plenty of tasks to be done around the house. Therefore, the best baby carrier is a must-have commodity. It will help you map out how to juggle baby time and chore times. This article will provide you with detailed information to help you pick the best baby carriers of 2018.
1. LilleBaby Complete All Season Carrier
- SIX POSITIONS: The LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE baby carrier combines all essential features, including lumbar support, in 1...
- VERSATILE CARRYING: With our two-way straps allowing you to carry backpack style or forwards, large zippered storage...
- HANDS-FREE COMFORT: Whether you're hiking a trail or walking your dog, LÍLLÉbaby's baby carriers and toddler carriers...
This is a new baby carrier product in the market with astoundingly remarkable qualities. The LilleBaby Series produces three categories labeled Complete, Carry-On and Essentials. Featuring Scandinavian styling and versatility, the Complete Series can take up the weight of kids ranging from 7 to 45 pounds.
Besides that, it has dynamics such as a 3D breathable mesh, an outer cotton fabric and zip-down options in case you experience warm conditions. There is a variety of designs in the Complete Baby Carrier line such as Airflow (meant for hot conditions), Original and Embossed.
LilleBaby complete carrier gives you the capacity to alter the insulation on the back, sides and the rest of the body. This increases airflow in different conditions. The functional lumbar support system, baby headrest, and a zippered pocket are more features to drool about in this brand. A sleeping hood attached to its neck keeps the baby from direct sunlight in hot weather. A carrier this good also has some downsides. For instance, the storage pocket is placed on the flap. Therefore, it’s slightly hard to reach when you unzip the flap for airflow.
- Ergonomic, very good back support in all its positions
- Breathable material
- Comes with a pocket
- The mesh can scratch the delicate baby’s skin
- A little bulkier than other models
|WHERE TO BUY|
2. Ergobaby Carrier
- COMFORTABLE & ERGONOMIC AS BABY GROWS: Easy to adjust bucket seat supports your baby in an ergonomic natural "M"...
- COMFORTABLE FOR YOU: Exceptional lower back support with wide wraparound waistband maximizes comfort especially post...
- ALL CARRY POSITIONS INCLUDED: Face baby in or out. Wear on the hip or back as baby grows (~4-36 months/12-33lbs or start...
It is the latest edition to the already reputable Ergo carrier brand. The 4-position or 360-carrier offers an unmatched comfort making it one of the best baby carrier brands in the market today. The extremely lightweight feature, soft, cozy and its ability to work well with different body shapes are among its striking characteristics.
Once you have your baby strapped around your belly or back with the best baby carrier such as Ergo, you have the freedom to go shopping and move around the house You can even attend one of those relieving evening walks without experiencing back or shoulder pain. Ergo is easy to strap on and off plus it has a hood to protect the baby from direct sunlight and other elements. Its weight capacity ranges between 7 to 33 pounds.
The following are the dominant downsides of this life saver baby carrier. To access the fifth carrying position, you have to purchase an insert separately. Also, it lacks the usual bucket adjustment that will help accommodate the babies’ thighs.
- It is ergonomically correct and will keep your child comfortable in the long run
- Great weight distribution
- High-quality stitching and materials
- Easy to put the sleeping baby in
- The Velcro waistband is quite noisy and impossible to adjust by one person while the baby is on board
|WHERE TO BUY|
3. Boba 4G Baby Carrier
- Free from any potential harmful materials or dyes
- The 4G baby carrier will take your little one from infancy to toddler
- Use as a front carrier from 7-25 pounds and front or back carrier from 25-45 pounds
Boba ranked first place as the best baby carrier in the past few years because it is durable, simple, comfortable, elegant, and reliable. One of its outstanding features is the thick waistband. It takes pressure off your shoulders. It also has 2 points of adjustment to ease on the clinching of the weight when strapped. The adjustment for shoulder straps is ergonomically placed right under the armpits. From here you can easily adjust them with the baby on board.
It beats the Ergo with the infant insert feature that can support baby weight ranging from 7 to 45 pounds. A utility zippered pocket allows you to carry some baby accessories safely. Besides that, it provides toddlers with a leg strap for tired legs when you take them on long trails. The carrier is of pure cotton material and has no harmful dyes. The only con is that the feasibility of an infant insert is low as compared to an inbuilt one. Thus, its comfort is slightly less as compared to its competitors like Ergo.
- It fits for all sexes and sizes of parents without needing an extension belt for plus size parents
- Very easy to put on or take off and comfortable to wear
- Comes with a removable hood
- Heavier than other models on this list
- Taking the baby out of this carrier is a bit of a challenge
|WHERE TO BUY|
4. Baby Tula Ergonomic Carrier
- ERGONOMIC M-POSITION SEAT: supports safe development for baby's body
- MULTIPLE ERGONOMIC POSITIONS: front and back carry options to provide a natural, ergonomic position best for long term,...
- EASY-TO-ADJUST DESIGN: allows for long-time carrier use from infancy to toddlerhood, can be used from 15 - 45 pounds or...
This product from the Tula series is among the most adorable and chic commodities in the market today. First of all, it’s very comfortable. Also, it is light. Hence, it will not bother you with additional weight that could lead to backaches afterward.
It is perfect for infants who are a few months old. Another desirable feature is the Velcro pocket and the highly padded shoulder straps. It is quite good ergonomically, and you can easily slip it on and off. Besides that, the soft thigh or leg padding enhances the baby’s comfort. It comes in various bright, exciting colors and patterns that beat most of the other products in the category. You will also love the fact that this ergonomic carrier is quite simple to take care of and is machine washable.
However, it does have limitations too. For example, the fact that the comfortable padding isn’t adjustable like in other options in the market. When your baby fits in the carrier, it will be the best experience. However, due to the in-adjustable design, if it doesn’t fit there’s nothing much to do. You have to buy a fitting size or wait for the baby to grow with age. Airflow in this carrier is also questionable. It lacks 3D mesh for better breathability like in its competitors.
- All straps are adjustable and have just enough padding for 10-month-old babies
- Has a great design
- It can rip from the side strap
- You will not get a return past the 30 days
|WHERE TO BUY|
5. BabyBjorn Original baby carrier
- Provides essential closeness and contact to help you bond with your new baby
- Two safe and ergonomic carrying positions: baby facing-in and baby facing-out
- Perfect for newborns - no infant insert needed. From birth to approximately 12 months
This best baby carrier pioneered the production of soft, less bulky and comfortable carriers used in the past few decades. It is basic and rather self-guiding in the strapping procedures. Also, it has no infant inserts like the new brands but still delivers lots of comfort to your baby. It served quite well except for the complaints of sore neck and shoulders after long hours of usage.
To compete with the current carrier productions, the BabyBjorn Brand has designed a more padded baby carrier for 2018. However, it still maintained the original comfort of the previous brands called the One Carrier. It features some tweaks such as the addition of hoods, front facing option, and a waist wrap to rid off the shoulder and neck pain.
- It is classic, affordable, easy to wear, and comfortable
- Though it is slightly less ergonomic, placing a baby in the carrier is quite easy particularly due to the missing infant inserts
- The carrier is bulky and heavier than most carriers due to the padding, which makes it harder to store
|WHERE TO BUY|
Those are some of the best baby carrier brands in the market today worth purchasing for your adorable little one. The list has been categorized based on functionality, user reviews, and price. If you have interacted with any of the products, make sure to share your experience or thoughts.