You are a new mom and you have this adorable child in our hands, but he or she just had a diaper blow out. Keeping him or her clean is vital to health, but bathing a baby can be intimidating. A wet baby is almost as easy to control as a greased pig.
While some parents choose to bathe their child in the sink or in the shower while in their arms. However, finding the best baby bath tub becomes a better solution as your child grows.
7. First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub
This transitional bathtub has a simple design, but also includes a sling so it will work for your family from newborn age to toddler. You will find the convenience of this tub with a design that allows you to use it in a family bath or in your kitchen sink. The tub is plastic, with a drain plug to empty the water from the basin.
Finally, the bathtub has a built-in bump to help prevent your child from sliding down into the water. It is designed to work for children from birth to 25 pounds. One of the reasons it is listed as the best baby bath tub is the price and comes in a couple colors to choose from.
- Able to work in both sinks and family bathtubs
- Ergonomic for child’s comfort
- Sling included
- Easy to dry and washable sling
- Drain is not in a location that makes draining all water possible
- The included sling does not work well with larger infants
- Sling is not adjustable
6. Fisher Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub
Similar to the First Years Sure Comfort, the Fisher Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub is a baby bathtub that will grow with your child. There is a washable mesh insert and cute green baby stopper to support your child and prevent him or her from sliding into the water. That baby stop will then become a support for your older infant to sit until they are steady.
Finally, you can remove the stopper when your child is old enough to sit in the tub without support. It is the best baby bath tub because it fits in both sinks and in bathtubs. However, unlike the First Years, this tub offers a hook that will allow you to hang it dry after draining the water.
- Water drains completely and tub hangs dry
- Rinsing bottle and water scoop included
- Foam lining to prevent slipping
- Sturdy design to handle all body types
- Baby seat is tough to insert or remove
- Drain plug on the bottom of tub under the baby seat
- Sling is not adjustable
5. Skip Hop Moby Baby Bath Tub 3 in 1 Smart Sling
|Skip Hop Moby Baby Bath Tub 3 in 1 Smart Sling, Blue||Check Price|
Very similar to the Fisher Price 4-in-1, the Moby Bath will grow with your baby and has the ability to hang dry. This baby bath has very few parts and has connectors for the sling to hook into place. Unlike other bathtubs, the sling rolls up and turns into a pad for your child to be supported while sitting up.
The sling also locks into two positions so you can give your baby the needed support based on age. This bathtub also offers a cute design that comes with matching whale scoop and spritzer for bath time fun.
- Drain plug in an easy access location
- Hooks for the newborn sling
- Fun design for children
- Does not use a universal sling
- Sling must be washed regularly or it will begin to smell (Cannot just air dry)
- Small holes where children can get toes or fingers stuck
4. Summer Comfort Height Bath Tub
The Summer Comfort Height Bath Tub enters the top 10 list for the best baby bath tub because it is a tub that can serve other purposes. It offers a raised platform so you do not have to bend over while bathing your child. The tub is also larger and offers a plastic newborn insert. This insert can be used inside the baby bath, your bathtub, or in your sink.
The larger basin will allow you to use the tub for a longer period of time, up to two years of age. Finally, the platform is removable and can be used as a step stool for you or other children.
- Removable plastic insert
- Larger basin for longer use
- Platform that transitions into a step stool
- Hard to store due to size
- Green newborn insert does not attach
- Found to be uncomfortable for male newborns due to angle of the insert
3. Boon Soak 3-Stage Bathtub
Giving parents a very simple design, the Boon Soak 3-Stage Bathtub is ideal for children aged birth to 18 months. This tub does not have a newborn insert, rather it has a baby bump that can be rotated.
This will offer support for your infant as he or she is growing, and then prevent slipping when your child is a toddler. The walls and the bump are slip-resistant, and the drain plug offers temperature gauge to keep your child safe.
- Color changing drain plug
- All one piece
- Easy to clean and dry
- Does not work well in sinks
- Does not work well for small or large children
- Lack of real support
2. PRIMO EuroBath
One of the largest baby bath tubs on the market, the PRIMO EuroBath is a top pick for parents who are looking for a tub for ages up to two years. The bathtub has two positions to place your child, one in a reclining position and the other being a sitting position.
The drain is in an easy access location, and it is created of BPA free plastic. There is a folding bath stand available to put this tub at a better level for parents.
- Easy to store with the shower hook
- Large basin to accommodate bigger kids
- Simple design with no removeable parts
- No real non-slip surfaces
- Very large tub
- Will require more work for the newborn stage
1. Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub
|Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub Blue,Blue/White||Check Price|
If you are cramped on space, the Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub should be top of your list for tubs. It is very similar to a Tupperware container and collapses completely flat and then has a hook to hang dry.
There are no inserts, but rather security locks that allow you to only expand one half for newborns or expand fully for toddlers. The legs are short and should only be used on flat surfaces, such as a floor or inside your family tub.
- Collapsible, space saving
- No inserts to worry about
- Easy to clean and use
- Very short, requiring you to bend over while bathing your child
- Not much space to allow full draining
- Nothing to prevent child from slipping
How to Pick a Good Baby Bathtub
When you are shopping for the best baby bath tub for your baby, you will want to consider the safety and comfort for your baby, but also the convenience for you. You will need to make sure the bath has a non-slip surface and support to protect your child’s head and neck. It is important to remember that babies cannot support their own body, and the risk of drowning is great.
So, when you are looking for tubs, not only do you want a non-slip surface on the inside bathtub to prevent your child from slipping, you also want a way to prevent the tub from moving in the tub. This can be found in the form of suction cups or another way to attach the bathtub to the surface it is placed on.
In addition, you will want your child supported but still offer room to grow, because unfortunately your child will not stay small forever. Finally, a good bathtub for infants will have a convenient way to drain the water, and dry it.
Overall, there are many bathtubs on the market for you and your child to choose from. The best way to determine the best baby bath tub for you is to look at your needs. Two of the biggest factors in determining what bathtub you want include how much space you have and how long you want to use the tub.
Every baby bath will have its pros and cons, just like every child is different. Finally, while they can be cute, inflatable baby baths should be avoided due to greater risk of drowning or suffocation.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.