You are finally out of maternity clothes and ready to be back in your cute clothes, but then you realize that they make it nearly impossible to nurse your new little bundle of joy. Fortunately, tank tops are one of the most comfortable articles of clothing and there are so many styles that can be used for nursing as well.
You can find nursing tanks that have clips, two layers, or ones that just pull down. This makes finding the best nursing tanks complicated, because it really depends on the look you desire.
While the style of nursing tanks can vary, there are a few criteria every good tank will have:
- easy to clean
- machine washable
- a way to insert and hold nursing pads (such as built-in pockets)
- adjustable straps
7. HOFISH Ultra Soft Pregnant Seamless Maternity & Nursing Cami Tank Top
The HOFISH Ultra tops the list for the best nursing tank because it is made of breathable fabric, nylon and spandex, and includes a built-in bra.
It comes in several colors and the clasp is a simple one step clasp. The spaghetti straps are adjustable to offer you support throughout the day. The best part of the cami is the discrete design, allowing it to be worn on its own.
- Built-in bra that supports all sizes
- Stretchy fabric to work with all body shapes
- Easy access
- Long enough to hide stomach
- Provided cups for bra are not suitable for smaller breasts
- Stretches out easily
- Pads must be removed to wash
6. Leading Lady Women’s Empire Waist Nursing Cami
|Leading Lady Lace Nursing Tank Tops For Breastfeeding - Lace Maternity...||Check Price|
The best nursing tank for your money is the Leading Lady Women’s Empire Waist Nursing Cami.
This cami gives you a clip style nursing. Unlike the HOFISH, the Leading Lady tank uses mainly cotton fabric so there is not as much stretching available.
However, it does offer more of a regular cami look so moms can wear it as a dressier top with the lace back.
- Lacy razor back appearance for standalone top
- Comfortable fabric that holds through washes
- Empire waist to slim your figure
- Snaps fall apart easily
- Minimal breast support
- Many find the fit awkward
5. Smallshow Women’s Sleeveless Maternity Nursing Tank Tops
If you feel more comfortable wearing a bra under your nursing top, or you are not a fan of spaghetti strap shirts, then the best nursing bra is the Smallshow Women’s Sleeveless Maternity Nursing Tank.
This top offers you a thick strap that covers bra straps and offers a peek-a-boo opening for discrete nursing. It comes in a variety of colors to choose from and is also a lightweight cotton.
- Easy, discrete access to feed your child
- Wearable everywhere
- Sizes run small
- Outer layer is unflattering for larger women
- Does not fit as advertised
4. iLoveSIA 2Pack Seamless Nursing Cami Tank Top with Build-in Maternity Bra
A comfortable tank will support the breasts, and the best nursing tanks for girls with smaller breasts are the iLoveSIA Seamless Nursing Cami.
This tank has drop down fabric secured by a small clip and is fitted for a slimming appearance. There are removable foam pads that can be used as nursing pads, but are not necessary.
- Fitted fabric
- Stretchy material
- Seamless and free of wires
- Sizes only go up to C cup
- Should not be worn during pregnancy
- Found tight for the first few months postpartum
3. Suiek Nursing Top Tank Shirt Cami Sleep Bra
|Nursing Tops Tank Shirt Cami Sleep Bra for Maternity and Breastfeeding...||Check Price|
Unless you give birth to a unicorn child that sleeps throughout the night, you will want a good cami that allows you to nurse in the night without changing.
The best nursing tanks for night time are the Suiek sleep bra. This top has cross-over fabric so you can just pull it to the side when you are feeding. While there are built-in pouches for nursing pads, there are none included with this that need to be washed and straightened.
- Cross-over fabric with no clasps
- Extremely stretchy fabric to allow for breast size fluctuation
- Fitted for under garment wearing
- Not available for plus sized women
- No breast support
- Not ideal for stand alone garment
2. Rumina Hands-Free Pump & Nurse All-in-One Nursing Tank
No products found.
If you are a working mom or use a pump as well as nurse your child, the best nursing tanks for you are the Rumina Hands-Free Pump & Nurse All-in-One tank.
This top offers you a tank you can wear while you are pregnant, but also post pregnancy. There is clipped fabric that can be lowered to reveal a built-in bra that has access for most major breast pump brands.
- Can pump hands free
- Designed by moms for moms
- Access points for pump are on the side
- Sizes run small
- Not ideal comfort until 6 weeks postpartum
1. SUIEK Racerback Nursing Tank Tops
A great shirt to wear around the house is a necessity after you have your child, and the SUIEK Racerback Nursing Tank is the best nursing tank for the job.
In addition to the racerback that prevents the straps from sliding, the waistline is loose fitting to allow moms who had a c-section a chance to recover comfortably.
- Loose waistline
- Adjustable straps
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Not designed to support
- Not much length
- Does not hide weight
These are just the best nursing tanks for the specific purposes you are looking for. Having a variety of tops is the best option so you can wear them where you want.
Nursing can be stressful with the constant demands from your infant, shopping for a top does not have to be.
The Mom Crib editorial team takes care that past articles are up to date in terms of the best baby products. We scour Amazon to find the products that are missing from our reviews and replace them. We also edit our blogger’s articles and make sure that everything is nice and neat, as their amazing posts deserve! Stay in touch with us by following our social media accounts.